Amazon is seeking a motivated and data-driven Senior Program Manager III with strong technical skills, analytical and communication capabilities, and a hands-on passion to dive-deep into processes used in our fulfillment center (FC) operations network to join our WorldWide ACES Deep Dive team. We are seeking a candidate with proven technical skills in managing large-scale improvement projects, ideally with technical skills such as SQL and scripting
What we do: Our team dives in to improve processes to meet best-in-class internal operations, and deliver process/system solutions for network adoption. We focus on diving deep into processes that impact Fulfillment Center (FC) operations, including transportation and supply chain processes. Programs are identified, prioritized and narrowly scoped to ‘follow the money’ and ‘drive standardization.’
This is a high visibility opportunity to improve and define the best way of doing things throughout the company using the power of your analysis, technical skills and business acumen. You will be responsible for developing accurate and relevant metric-driven analysis to foster continuous improvement and step-function innovation that will enhance our internal and external customer experience and safety, quality and cost metrics.
Key Job Responsibilities
This position is virtual and able to be located at any NA site, with travel up to 35%. This role will plan and execute end-to-end operational analysis programs that result in standardization of business processes and implementation of best practices. You will lead large initiatives, coordinating the work of internal and partner teams, owning and tracking milestones for your team and stakeholder teams. Responsibilities include program scoping, design, data collection, field work and site visits, data analysis, proposal of new standards, communication of results to senior management worldwide, business action follow-up, and subject matter expert (SME) support for implementations of recommended improvements. This role will be responsible for influencing leaders across the NA network, so should have proven experience working with all levels of management to implement new solutions. Also having a keen eye and data mining skills to identify innovation needed for top performance. You will partner with senior business leaders across the company in developing and prioritizing programs and communicating / following-up on actionable findings. You will work cross-functionally and coordinate with operational experts and owners in Operations, FC Systems, Ops Finance and various improvement teams, and facilitate innovation conversations.
As the Senior Program Manager, you must be an excellent communicator (written and verbal English), who can articulate results and liaise with all levels of management including senior leadership. Your strong technical expertise, the ability to learn new technology concepts quickly, and passion for innovation will also ensure we deliver high quality programs and processes that heavily rely on optimized tools, configurations and algorithms against agreed commitments.
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
· High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
· Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
· Strong project management skills and experience
· Demonstrated ability to influence teams to adopt change utilizing smart technologies
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
· Committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
· Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
· Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality
· Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
· Ability to see ahead comprehensively and devise a strong plan of action, and ensure execution happens on time, every time
· Ability to get things done and produce conclusive, measurable results within time commitments
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or other field from an accredited university or 3+ years Amazon experience.
· 3+ years of previous experience with Program/Project Management or Process Improvement
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel is required
· Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills paired with hands-on attitude, excellent attention to detail, and good business judgment
· Experience developing tools, reports, scorecards, and data visualizations that improve upon those currently employed for understanding the business and making decisions
· Experience/background in operations in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent verbal/communication skills (including reviewing results with leadership in a global team setting)
· Ability to travel up to 35%.
Preferred Qualifications· Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Finance, Computer Science, or other applicable degree.
· Strong experience analyzing cost/benefit of proposed projects.
· Understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures and algorithms
· Technical aptitude and familiarity with the design and use of software systems. Experience working effectively with software engineering teams.
· Experience performing data mining and working with data analysis involving business metrics
· Experience conducting statistical, financial, strategic and operational analysis and modeling involving large data sets to: support and improve business operations; implement best practices; and conduct cost benefit analysis.
· Proven history of having worked across cross functional teams and functions.
· Strong track record of creative problem solving using software systems, and the desire to create and build new processes.
· Familiarity with supply chain management concepts – forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics – gained through work experience or graduate level education
· Experience in software development and with large scale distributed systems
· Diverse work experience/background.
· Tableau or other data visualization tools
· Experience measuring key operational metrics (e.g., order cycle time, ship estimate accuracy, on time and complete shipment, inventory record defect rate).
· Basic development of data models or database schemas
· Proficiency with MySQL and programming languages.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.