The Senior Regional Manager of EHS will be responsible for partnering with a regional operations team in Fresh/Prime to execute company EHS policies and ensure compliance to all applicable local and regional regulations. By leveraging lean principles and kaizens, this individual will lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in our processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for our Associates. The Senior Manager of EHS must demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with the Operations Team and influence change through providing comprehensive risk assessments and EHS data analysis. The Senior Manager of EHS must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. This individual must instruct and train Operations Leaders in company EHS policies and assist the regional teams in incorporating our EHS standards at their site. The Regional EHS Manger will be required to identify best practices and incorporate these best practices into our standards to continuously improve company EHS policies. The Senior Manager of EHS will be required to possess excellent EHS program and relevant EHS, environmental and ergonomic knowledge and demonstrates this expertise when working with Operations.
The Senior Manager of EHS will be responsible to lead a team of EHS Managers in their region. This individual must create and execute leadership development plans for their EHS Managers and EHS Associates on their team. They must communicate EHS team expectations and give frequent and appropriate feedback to their EHS teams and ensure they are executing to the core competencies of an Amazon EHS professional. This individual must also demonstrate the ability to judge and assess EHS talent and select appropriate bench strength to current and future business needs.
Senior Manager of EHS Responsibilities:
· Possess a thorough understanding of local/regional regulations and company policy.
· Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable Amazon EHS Policies.
· Measure the regions and sites’ performance against published requirements in EHS policies. For all deficiencies, identify a plan for the site to implement and fix all identified deficiencies.
· Ensure EHS recordkeeping and data integrity and provides Operations with accurate reporting and metrics to support business EHS initiatives.
· Deliver on-time and quality projects to Operations. Deliver quality projects on time to Operations.
· Analyze EHS metrics and review incident weekly and monthly incident trends to discover trends to justify the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the EHS risk is highest.
· Analyze Global EHS Internal Audit results and develop and implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury at other locations.
· Audit recordkeeping practices to ensure compliance to global EHS standards and local regulations.
· Audit the workplace organization and Associate behaviors to ensure that training, auditing and scoring methods are accurate and consistent.
· Manage and mentor the Prime Now EHS Managers and EHS Associates in your assigned FCs.
· Spend time at locations and seek input from EHS teams, Associates and leaders on EHS program improvement opportunities.
· Ensure open communication on status of progress and resolution against these suggestions.
· Lead soft tissue injury reduction efforts by performing targeted Kaizens in partnership with the Operations teams based on the risks identified in each task (force, repetition, and awkward postures).
· Ensure site leadership and Associates are trained and knowledgeable of their responsibilities under each policy. Audit the quality, delivery (including qualifications of the trainer), and effectiveness of all required EHS training.
· Review for effectiveness the deployed EHS tools and revise to ensure continual improvement.
· Partner with corporate and other regional field EHS personnel to leverage global EHS and environmental best practices into network standards.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age
Basic Qualifications· 8+ years of increasing responsibilities in managing regional managers of EHS and/or environmental programs in manufacturing, production, or service operations.
· Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment.
· Experience leading change in multiple site environments and managing multiple direct reports.
· BS/BA in EHS, environmental, ergonomics or a related field required
· Must be willing to travel up to 60%
Preferred Qualifications· Certified EHS Professional preferred
· Masters preferred
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort interfacing with Directors and VPs
· Ability to develop and implement department goals and strategies based on broader organization goals.
· Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.