Amazon is one of the largest employers on the planet with hundreds of thousands of employees across the globe. Our People Technology group is looking for a bright and motivated Sr. Technical Program Manager who has proven experience in managing multiple programs in a global environment across multiple technology platforms. The candidate will be responsible for managing programs/projects across the Human Resource technology stack, but with the focus on A to Z systems.
Amazon’s HR mission is to build a workplace for Amazonians to invent on behalf of our customers. We are enablers to help Amazon scale quickly and efficiently as we continue to expand rapidly across countries, business lines and size in general. The volume of internal human resource transactions and range of experiences to fulfill in this scale and diversity are massive and unique respectively. This requires a highly reliable, scalable and customized series of software applications that ensure our global employee base receives accurate, timely and best experiences throughout their employee lifecycle. Amazon has grown significantly since the deployment of these tools and we are now at an inflection point where we are making long term decisions to support our explosive global growth.
The ideal candidate is a creative, demonstrated leader with superior analytical abilities. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, written and verbal communication skills. The candidate will have experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features sets as well as analyzing cost/benefits and communicating results throughout the organization.
· Assemble a project team, assign individual responsibilities, identify appropriate resources as needed, and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of the project.
· Independently lead projects and deliver expert level solutions based on thorough analysis of business requirements, and work collaboratively across the organization to identify opportunities for process improvements.
· Understand the processes to define, design, and deliver business technical solutions of A to Z applications.
· Assess the right balance of risk to allocate the right resources, remove bottlenecks, provide escalation management, balance the business needs versus technical constraints and encourage risk taking behavior to maximize business benefit.
· Collaborate with business stakeholders to develop product requirements.
· Collaborate with technical and design teams to define and design the product with the best customer experience.
· Drive the implementation and delivery of products.
· Clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to cross-functional project teams.
· Support and enhance existing products with thoughtful and measurable impact.
Basic QualificationsBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
· Bachelor’s degree and 5 years’ experience, or a Master’s degree and 2 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience in defining and prioritizing identifiable work items
· Ability to propose improvements towards technical and overall business processes.
· Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
· Ability to apply best practices to the software and system development lifecycle.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills across diverse audiences.
Preferred QualificationsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
· Domain expertise in HR, Payroll, or Time & Attendance.
· Experience working with an international team and stakeholders.
· Strong system integration experience