The Team: Amazon is working on several initiatives in physical retail including Amazon Go, Amazon Books and Whole Foods Market. This role will work to develop network infrastructure products that will support these initiatives.
The Role: Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that’s more startup than big company. A wave of innovation is bringing sweeping changes to networking technology. Virtualization, unimaginable scale, hardware commoditization, and intelligent tooling are revolutionizing network software. We develop software at every level of the stack from front-end user interfaces to low-level embedded software and everything in between. We are taking all the industry trends such as Software Defined Networking and IoT and blending them to build a critical foundation for physical stores: the network.
As a Technical Program Manager, You will manage our cross-functional projects, which require working with all organizational levels and groups including network operations, network engineering staff and internal project management teams, as well as external vendors. You will develop and manage project schedules, identify risks and clearly communicate them to project stakeholders, define problem solving and risk mitigation strategies, and facilitate conflict resolution through the full project cycle. A strong background in IT infrastructure, technology deployment or computer science is essential for your success in this position. You must have a proven track record of project completion that is on time and within budget. You must be able to command the intellectual respect of engineers as well as run extremely effective projects on compressed and timelines while dealing with ambiguity with grace and maturity.
· Manage multiple competing cross-functional projects/programs simultaneously, some on a global scale.
· Interact with engineers, technicians, project managers and senior management on a daily basis
· Run meetings, create and maintain timelines, and keep large, diverse groups informed of progress and obstacles.
· Work with engineers to develop detailed and creative solutions to complex problems, while keeping a watchful eye on timelines and costs.
Ensure consistency in deployed configurations and track exceptions for follow up.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual orientation / Age
Basic Qualifications· BS or MS degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience in an IT-related field.
· 5+ years of technical program management experience
· Experience with data center networking
Preferred Qualifications· Excellent organizational skills and project tracking abilities; experience of procurement and logistics, strong focus and attention to detail; the ability to work in a very fast-paced, hectic, and energetic environment, yet able to maintain high quality standards; project/task prioritization and schedule development.
· Ability to succeed and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities
· Demonstrated ability to influence and develop productive working relationships with resources and dependent teams
· PMP or the commitment to achieve this certification within one year of hire date
· Agile/SCRUM certifications/training
· MCSA/CCNA certifications or equivalent in either networking or system administration.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role