The NA EHS Contractor Field Manager will report directly to the NA EHS Sr. Contractor Manager, and have the primary role to oversee all North American sites (NACF and GSF) execution of processes and tools to support Amazon Project Managers in validating contractors/venders are meeting the expectations of the contract. In this role, they will support the field directly in the execution of Field Contractor Management Process, by supporting Ops Engineering, Ops Construction, R&D, RME, and other construction/project managers at the network and operating site levels.
· Develop a deep working relationship and partnership with Procurement, Ops Construction, Ops Engineering, Research & Design, RME, Loss Prevention, Legal, NA EHS, and WW EHS.
· Be responsible for updating, maintaining and assisting the network in the implementation of the Field Contractor Management process as outlined in the NA EHS Contractor Management Procedure.
· Be responsible for the development and execution of Project Manager roles & responsibilities related to contract oversight, project planning (pre-start meetings/walks), and high risk work auditing.
· Be responsible for the development and execution of an end of the year (or annual) Project/Contractor evaluation process.
· Develop field level audit tools for high risk work to be added into Amazon’s Contractor Prequalification platform.
· Develop and execute training for key site stakeholders related to the Field Contractor Management Process.
· Partner directly with Ops Construction, Ops Engineering, Research and Development and other stakeholders to identify major high risk brownfield site retrofit projects, and ensure appropriate OSHA 1926 representation is overseeing the project.
· Be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) related to Field Contractor Management process to respond to network and outside questions.
· Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) the network can use to measure Contractor Prequalification implementation performance at the network and site levels.
· Support the NA EHS Compliance and Governance team in audit expectations and procedure clarifications related to Contractor Management.
· Stay attuned to changing regulations and internal EHS performance to change policies when required.
Basic QualificationsBasic Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational, Health and (OSH), Environmental, Health and (EHS), finance or procurement related fields, or other related fields from an accredited university
· 5+ years of growing responsibilities in OSH, EHS, finance or procurement, project/contractor management, contractor , or providing direct oversight for 3rd party services/contractors.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to influence and partner with all levels of the organization and outside contacts.
· Technical or Procedure Writing skills
· Able to travel 20-60%.
Preferred QualificationsPreferred Qualifications:
· Master’s degree preferred
· Working knowledge of” OSHA 1926, CFR, ANSI, ISO, etc.
· OSHA 1926 10 or OSHA 1926 30 certification
· Have or working towards a PE, ASP, CSP or other recognized professional certification
· Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt certified
· Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
· Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age