The WW Sr. Mgr WHS – RME Technical Program will have primary responsibility to imagine and design tomorrow’s risk control programs and/or processes as it relates to world-wide High Risk Operations of Reliability, Maintenance & Engineering (RME) and Contracted work. This role will have direct reports that will scale based on future growth of the business, and will establish direct partnerships with RME, Ops Engineering, WW Design, Procurement, Legal, Risk, WHS and other stakeholders. This is a new role that will be strategic in nature and will provide the RME field will strategic plans, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and WHS standards and programs that mitigate High Risk Operations in the field related to RME workforce. RME programs include WW Safety Permit to Work, Hazardous Energy Control, Electrical Safety, Fall Hazard Control, Confined Spaces, Hoisting & Rigging, Amazon Robotics, Fire Life Safety, and Hot Work. Lastly, this role will draft high risk mitigation projects, gain approval through the CM process and receive CAR funding for retrofit activities related to RME workforce.
WW Sr. Mgr WHS – RME Technical Program Responsibilities:
· Develop deep working partnerships with forward thinking teams based in RME, Ops Engineering, Ops Construction, WW Design, Procurement, Legal, Risk, WHS and other stakeholders.
· Lead a team Technical WHS professionals, based on future growth of the business.
· Establish 3 year strategic plans and Key Performance Indicators, develop the necessary programs, tools and resources for the field teams to execute against.
· Be accountable for the continued development of WW Standards and WW WHS operational procedures and programs related to RME and Contracted High Risk Operations, which include: Permit to Work, Hazardous Energy Control, Electrical Safety, Fall Hazard Control, Confined Spaces, Hoisting & Rigging, Amazon Robotics, Fire Life Safety Program, and Hot Work
· Continue to make safety personal and drive ownership of safety through the RME organization by establishing better engagement programs.
· Design and deliver to the field the next generation of RME Safety training products using augmented reality, virtual reality and support the implementation of regional training centers.
· Support field teams in the expansion of the core RME safety programs into every region and business unit with RME risk. Core programs include: Technician Safety Concerns, RME Safety Network Actions (RSNA), regulatory auditing, and Global Technician Safety Week.
· Support the NA WHS Compliance and Governance team in audit expectations and procedure clarifications related to RME Safety programs.
· Work with RME ACES team to finishing development a new pre-task safety plan and permit to work electronic applications to replace the maintenance task hazard analysis (MTHA).
· Ensure access and fall hazard engineering design standards are developed and used by WW Design to ensure the future of safe access.
· Embed WW Design and Safety In Design processes to ensure all new MHE equipment and building design are free of known high risk hazards to RME technicians, contractors or amazon associates related to High Risk work.
· Stay attuned to changing regulations and internal EHS performance to change policies when required.
Basic QualificationsBasic Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational, Health and Safety (OSH), Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS), or other related fields from an accredited university
· Must possess a minimum of 10+ years’ work experience in OSH, EHS, contractor management, contractor safety, or providing direct oversight for 3rd party services/contractors.
· Experience with high risk safety programs
· Experience as a People Leader, who has had success in developing, promoting, or managing direct reports
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to influence and partner with all levels of the organization and outside contacts.
· Technical or Procedure Writing skills
· Able to travel 30-40%.
Preferred QualificationsPreferred Qualifications:
· Development or execution of high risk safety programs related to maintenance, contractors or construction management.
· Master’s degree preferred
· Working knowledge of OSHA 1910 CFR, OSHA 1926 CFR, ANSI, NFPA, ISO, OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001
· Have or working towards a PE, ASP, CSP or other recognized professional certification
· Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt certified
· Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
· Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.