This is a 100% remote role. UK/EU based only.
We are looking for Senior Software Developers who want to help build the next generation payment API in the cloud.
We’d like to hear from enthusiastic polyglot developers who want to work with the latest technologies, solve interesting problems and be part of a really great team. There are a wide range of problems to tackle, from configuring nginx proxies to writing custom payment routing and handling logic, and we contribute open source back to the community. We believe that the language you write the code in is just how you convey your solution to the computer and the real value is being able to think through a problem.
You will be working on new development projects, focused on best practice across the board, including automation of absolutely everything (Terraform for infrastructure deployments to AWS, CI/CD with contract-based testing and auto-deployment of services within Docker containers, etc.), pair programming and TDD/BDD. Although many of us live around London, we are operating as a remote team, and typically working from home and pair programming.
It’s very much a “best tool for the job” mentality at Form3 and our tech-stack is always evolving but to give you a flavour of what we’re currently working with here are some of the tools we use;
- Some of the languages we currently use are: Golang, Java, Python and Ruby
- Some of the tools we use: Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker, Vault, Consul, Linkerd
- Our platform runs in AWS where we use: SQS, SNS, EC2, ECS, RDS and others
We don’t mind whereabouts you are based as we offer the opportunity for our team to work remotely from anywhere in the UK or EU. In fact, most of our Developers work, utilising screen-share technology and pair-programming to share knowledge across the team. That being said, we also have London and Amsterdam offices, so should you occasionally wish to work from these, you’d be most welcome.
- Polyglot: Choosing the right tool to solve the problem is critical, and we expect you to have professional experience with at least 2 different programming languages and multiple platforms and tools.
- Distributed architecture: We expect you to have previous experience engineering complex distributed systems, and a view on topics such as service discovery, integration testing, inter-process communication, how to define your services and APIs, as well as experience with distributed data stores.
- Public cloud: You have worked with public cloud services (AWS, Google Cloud etc.)
- TDD/BDD: Code quality is key, and we expect you to have worked with Test-driven development (TDD) and Behaviour-driven development (BDD) and be familiar with the use of tools such as Cucumber.
- Most of our code is written in Java and Go, so experience with either would be helpful.
- All our services are built and managed as docker containers, so Kubernetes, and general docker experience is preferred.
- We like clean code, so experience with Event Sourcing/CQRS will be useful.
- We do contract-based testing, using tools such as Pact.
- We work as a devops team, so experience in automating operations (such as infrastructure as code, automated monitoring and alerting, build pipelines etc) would also be useful.
- Whilst experience of the above technologies would be nice, it is by no means essential. We are looking to speak with well-rounded software professionals who have a breadth of experience across a variety of programming languages, are passionate about tech and enjoy working collaboratively within a team.
Perks & Benefits
- 100% Remote
- 30 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Pair programming, with an experienced team of engineers
- Competitive salary
- Latest technologies
- Company bonus scheme
- Pension contribution
- Be part of an incredible and diverse team
- Introductory call with the Talent Team at Form3
- Technical Test
- Technical Interview