A company is only as good as its employees. We at grandcentrix absolutely know and appreciate this. Become part of the best team in the world and realize digital large-scale productions on the Internet of Things with the grandcentrix family of over 150 colleagues.
Therefore we are looking for you as a motivated and passionate backend software engineer for our locations in Cologne and Dortmund, as well as remote from Germany.
The vast majority of the grandcentrix staff are engineers, expecting to be challenged on a daily basis. Our teams give a great insight into working at grandcentrix on our team website, grandcentrix.team. You should take a look!
- You design, develop and test smart IoT solutions as part of our Systems & Infrastructure Competence Center.
- You work in a cloud-based environment with PaaS and IaaS services and are able to integrate them sensibly into solutions.
- As an experienced engineer for the planning and implementation of complex software architectures, you are the contact person for your project team.
- You have experience as a software engineer in agile development models (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.).
- You have good knowledge of at least one object-oriented or functional programming language (C#, Rust, Elixir, Ruby, Python, etc.).
- You are familiar with modern software architectures and process models in the industry.
- You have experience with PaaS and IaaS services such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform.
- Previous knowledge of IoT-specific services such as Azure IoT Hub or AWS IoT Core is an advantage.
- You have advanced knowledge of protocols such as HTTP and the design of REST APIs.
- You have a strong interest in test-driven development as well as high-performance and maintainable code for software development.
- You have an open communication style in German or English.
- Working hours based on the honour system, as well as a flexible home office scheme — no more vacation days wasted when you need something repaired at home.
- Innovative projects, unbureaucratic structures and short paths to decision makers.
- State of the art equipment and an inspiring, modern working environment with an attractive atmosphere.
- Regular internal lightning talks, hackathons and public meet-ups hosted by us.
- Personal development through training courses, congress visits and time for active knowledge sharing in internal communities.
- Attractive, performance-based compensation instead of static pay tables or seniority.
Company pension, Jobrad, VRS job ticket and relocation assistance are available if you would like.