Prota Ventures brings experience, capital, community and direction to bold ideas. We power new projects, invest in early-stage startups and seek out the true invention. Our teams utilize time-tested approaches, strategic thinking, story-driven design, and rock-solid engineering to bring products to market in the digital & physical spaces, IoT, emerging technologies, and more. We are a fully remote organization that works across time zones and borders. We are located in Chicago, New York, Seattle and Belgrade. We are growing rapidly. We work with both Fortune 500s and new founder teams. Every member of Prota is expected to bring a genuine entrepreneurial spirit to the table; many of our product ideas are generated internally and brought to market in collaboration with our incubation partners. This is a remote contract role that can be, freelance, part-time or full-time.
- Developing front-end web (React/Redux) and mobile (React Native) architecture.
- Developing server-side web application architecture and logic (Ruby on Rails API).
- Architecting Databases (PostgreSQL) and data IO from 3rd-party APIs.
- Optimizing User Experience across web and mobile platforms
- Ensuring responsiveness, performance, and scalability of applications
- Designing and developing APIs
- Participating in the overall application lifecycle while focusing on coding and debugging
- Collaborating with Technical product leads and front-end developers
- Defining and communicating technical and design requirements
- Training, helping and supporting other team members
- Building high-quality reusable code
- Developing functional and sustainable web applications with clean, readable code
- Troubleshooting and debugging applications
- Learning about and integrating new technologies
- Staying up to date with current best practices
- Conducting UI tests and optimizing performance
- Collaborating with a multidisciplinary team of designers, developers, and entrepreneurs
- Participating in conferences and educational programs
Requirements and Qualifications
- Entrepreneurial drive: we regularly create, develop, and work with startups and Fortune 500 companies
- 5+ years of experience as a back-end developer
- In-depth understanding of web development
- 5+ years of experience with one or more programming languages such as Java, Ruby, PHP, Python, etc.
- 5+ years of experience with a CMS framework
- 2+ years of experience with React (ideally with Redux)
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player with an attitude of “leaving the campsite better than we found it” and “we’ve got each other’s back” state of mind
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Participation in regular project stand-ups even with potential time zone challenges
- Meet project deadlines
- The ability to effectively communicate with peers, superiors, and stakeholders.
- The ability to make rational, logical decisions and the ability to defend them to your peers, superiors, and stakeholders.The humility to understand that they are not the smartest person in the room, and that a person can learn from anyone
- The ability to take responsibility for their work and their mistakes.
Nice to Have But Not Necessary
- Passion for environmentalism and social equality
- Experience collaborating with designers and developers
- Experience working on multiple projects at the same
- Continuous education and skill development.
- Competitive wages
- Huge growth opportunities. Being a part of a quickly growing company in a growing industry, you have an opportunity to learn a lot and grow fast professionally.
- Working with leading market technologies.
- The professional, forward-thinking and friendly international work atmosphere