Are you good at organizing projects and communicating with diverse groups of people? Do you have a customer-centric focus? Can you listen to the perspectives of many and synthesize them into the best possible outcome? Can you multi-task and juggle various projects at the same time? If you can accomplish all those things, then the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics has the job for you.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is the world’s largest organization of food and nutrition professionals and is seeking a full-time Manager, Dietetic Practice Group (DPG) Relations to work with the overall operations of the Academy’s professional specialty interest groups. In this work from home flexible position, the Manager will advise, and consult with staff and members on governance, policy, financial, ethics, and operational issues.
· Manage and direct a full range of projects, including, but not limited to: researching and analyzing projects for legal, financial, and procedural impact, assisting with budget development, goal planning, conflict resolution, auditing financial statements, editing publications, membership eblasts, websites, and correspondences, facilitating meetings and advising on contracts and agreements.
· Organize and prioritize member and dietetic practice issues for DPGs. Provide strategic planning support and track pertinent information and guidelines. Lead communication activities and correspondences for and from DPG executive committees and volunteer leaders.
· Engage in regular communication with DPG leaders and members via conference calls, video conferencing, emails, and in-person meetings/events.
· Work with Director to provide recommendations and insight into the DPG program’s policies, processes, and goals.
· Lead DPG volunteer leaders to achieve their responsibilities, including but not limited to, election/nomination processes, educational program development, virtual events and webinars, newsletter publications, eblast communications, workshops, etc.
· Work collaboratively with varying cultures, demographics, and areas of practice. Support an inclusive environment for volunteer leaders to work together.
· Collaborate with internal staff on programming and alignment of projects with the Academy’s Strategic Plan
· Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
· 3-5 years of relevant job experience required. Preferred candidates will have experience working with non-profit organizations, associations, or volunteer groups. Experience with chapters or special interest groups is beneficial.
· A “member first” approach, strong listening skills, and the ability to manage and complete projects. Strong communication, volunteer, and project management skills are necessary.
· A background in healthcare, food, or nutrition is advantageous but not required.
· Some travel is required. (pending current safety guidelines)
The Academy offers a salary commensurate with experience as well as an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, long-term disability, tuition reimbursement and 401k match with IMMEDIATE VESTING!
The Academy promotes a friendly, professional and challenging team-based work environment. Also, the Academy’s office is conveniently located near public transportation: three major Metra train stations (Union, LaSalle and Ogilvie), CTA lines and major bus routes are all within a few blocks.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.