JOB TITLE: DEVELOPMENT AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
HOURS: Full time (40 hours per week, 8 hours/day)
DATE: October 2022
SUMMARY OF ORGANIZATION:
Since 1989, AccessHealth MA, formerly Community Research Initiative (CRI), has sponsored community-based research on HIV/AIDS and other infectious diseases. In addition to the research program, AccessHealth MA operates the Infectious Disease Drug Assistance Program (IDDAP) under contract with the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and the Boston Public Health Commission. This program, funded by both federal and state dollars, is one of the most comprehensive programs of its kind in the country, and provides access to HIV-related medications to under- or uninsured clients through the HIV Drug Assistance Program (HDAP). The Comprehensive Health Insurance Initiative (CHII) also provides health insurance for individuals with HIV/AIDS who are otherwise unable to access coverage. HDAP and CHII serve as key programs within the larger umbrella of IDDAP programs. Additional components include coverage of the costs of tuberculosis drugs (TB Drug Assistance Program); an HIV prevention program, the Pre-exposure Prophylaxis Drug Assistance Program (PrEPDAP); and the non-occupational Post-Exposure Program (nPEP), designed to prevent HIV transmission through timely access to medications following potential exposure to HIV.
Working in collaboration with the Director of Communications and Development, the Development and Communications Manager will provide leadership in planning, coordinating, and implementing agency communication efforts, special events, and fundraising.
Three to five years job experience with a proven record of success in communications, fundraising, special events, marketing, or PR. Experience in healthcare, research and/or LGBTQ sector a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (advanced problem-solving, decision making, and teamwork) with the ability to work professionally and collaboratively with a variety of different key stakeholders from co-workers to donors to vendors
- Strong organizational and project management skills and ability to adhere to deadlines
- Excellent writing skills and ability to create content for a wide range of digital and print formats from social media to informational one sheets to newsletters
- A proven self-starter able to work both independently and as part of a small team with the willingness to be held accountable for deliverables in both remote and office environments
- Applicant should be a creative person who combines strong digital communication experience with proven ability to develop content for a variety of media outlets
- Knowledge of brand design, enhancement and maintenance
- Proven creative skills with a great attention to detail
- Experience working across multiple digital media channels
- Proficient in WordPress, Neon, Microsoft Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and Social Media platforms
- Creative, versatile, flexible, responsive team-minded member, who is curious about learning new content that can be technical at times
This position reports to the Director of Communications and Development and works closely with the Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in creation of communication plan and annual goals
- Work closely with the Director of Communications and Development to integrate fundraising messaging and tools across all distribution channels
- Provides project management, evaluation, and content development of all organizational communication projects
- Acts as agency’s editor-in-chief and communications expert to promote consistent messaging and branding across all programs
- Provides writing, editing, and production of all marketing materials including but not limited to; fundraising appeals, special event invitations/collateral, program applications, fact sheets, organizational stationery, research collateral, pill charts, brochures, infographics and other outreach materials
- Produce, maintain, and update all digital content on AccessHealth MA’s website, social media platforms, constant contact emails and any other digital advertising required
- Develop and execute strategies to increase traffic to the AccessHealth MA Website through Google Ads and SEO optimization
- Build and execute a comprehensive communications and social media calendar that includes external content creation and management of internal communications
- Develops and maintains development/communications databases (mailing lists and email lists) for relevant audiences
- Works with Director of Communications and Development to plan and implement all AccessHealth MA events including writing sponsorship materials, being a committee liaison, volunteer recruiting and training, and logistics
- Manages event records, debriefing, follow-up, and acknowledgements
- Works with Director of Communications and Development to complete strategic and annual plans for special events
- Leads planning for AccessHealth MA’s participation in the Harbor to the Bay Bike Ride, including attending committee meetings, serving as committee secretary, and rider/crew recruitment
- Assists with the planning of AccessHealth MA’s other fundraising events, including the Summer Party and Spring Soiree in Boston
- Assists in creation of development plan and annual goals
- Manages the creation production and dissemination of fundraising appeals and donor communications
- Manages processing and recognition of all donations and gifts
- Assists in grant writing, grant reporting, and grant management
- Assists in donor and foundation prospect research
- Develops relationships with pharmaceutical representatives and secures meeting sponsorships
- Manages development/communications volunteers or interns
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Kevin Hudson, Director of Communications and Development, at email@example.com.
AccessHealth MA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: AccessHealth MA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other class protected by federal or state law (EEO/AA).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About AccessHealth MA
AccessHealth MA leads the fight against HIV and other infectious diseases. A unique, public health nonprofit, we provide access and support through drug assistance, insurance support, prevention, and research—all to make Massachusetts a healthier, more equitable place for every resident of the Commonwealth.
Integrating drug assistance, insurance navigation, prevention, and research, we offer a holistic, client-centered approach that advances social justice and equity in healthcare. Our goal is to diminish infectious diseases in Massachusetts, including HIV and tuberculosis.
We provide access to life-changing medications and health insurance coverage for Massachusetts residents in need who are living with HIV, at risk for HIV, have tuberculosis, or who have other infectious diseases. AccessHealth MA also conducts life-changing clinical research and has contributed critical research data that resulted in the FDA approval of nearly all the currently available HIV medications.
With a committed, compassionate staff, and more than 30 years of experience innovating in healthcare, we have a meaningful impact on your, and your clients’, quality of life.
We are here for those in need.
AccessHealth MA can help you and your clients with:
Drug assistance: We help pay for medication, health insurance premiums and co-payments, testing, and other treatment costs
Insurance support: We provide both financial support and hands-on guidance for individuals, case managers, and providers to get, keep, and navigate health insurance
Prevention: We help people access PrEP or nPEP medications to reduce their risk of contracting HIV
Research: We run clinical trials that play a crucial role in accelerating the discovery of safer, simpler, and more effective HIV and other infectious disease treatments
AccessHealth MA is proud to play a key role in the fight to end the HIV epidemic in Massachusetts and the United States. We closely align our efforts and focus with statewide and national HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment strategies.
AccessHealth MA is a mission-driven, non-profit public health organization. Our values aim to support social justice, racial equity, inclusion, diversity and public health efforts. AccessHealth MA staff share a growth mindset and are committed to doing a better job of fighting structural racism and racial injustice within our organization, for the communities we serve, and in our lives. We support BIPOC, HIV and LBGTQ+ communities and are actively seeking to be better allies to individuals who are part of those communities, by creating equitable access to resources and services. One of the ways we are assessing and addressing our organizational impact on racial equity is by engaging with All Aces, Inc., a DEI Transformation company with self-learning courses and instructor guided workshops. All Aces' transformation framework has yielded many benefits for companies engaged in DEI work across various industries. At AccessHealth MA this work is driven by the leadership of our DEI Task Force. AccessHealth MA supports and stands with Black Lives Matter and recognizes Juneteenth and MLK Day as important holidays. We believe individuals and communities most impacted by HIV and other infectious diseases should lead this work. We highly encourage BIPOC, trans and gender diverse, queer, HIV positive, TB survivors, those in recovery, those with prevention experience, people with disabilities, people with sex work experience, and those with lived experience to apply.