3P Regional Area Manager
At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people.
Amazon is seeking a Regionally-based Area Manager for our Prime Now network throughout the United States. Your role will be focused on supporting expansion and growth of our ultra-fast delivery business. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers. As we continue to grow, we will rely on smart and scalable practices to enable execution of a best-in-class operation and drive cost down. A candidate with prior field operations experience is an ideal fit, as this role will require you to lean into your experiences on how to effectively manage associates, partners, and operational metrics. In these roles, you will be expected to perform many micro-functions including but not limited to HR tasks, non-inventory management, account management, and problem solver. Where the path forward is unclear, we partner and drive solution with our support teams but often, you will be expected to be the front-line contact and first point of entry for our associate base.
Four key areas that you’ll always focus on are the safety, quality, customer experience, and productivity of your department. You will be expected to execute a best-in-class process, resulting in reduced costs. As a front-line leader, you will be the main point of contact for Amazon shoppers and cross-team partners, requiring excellent soft skills. Through these relationships, you will invent new strategies that will help improve our associate and customer experience. As a regionally-based manager, it is expected that you will be able to operate in a highly ambiguous environment, communicating and interacting with your direct Operations manager on a daily basis.
As a new business leader, you are expected to be a subject matter expert on all 3P processes, executing and tracking towards program KPI goals.
You and your team of associates are responsible for getting Amazon customers their orders. You are responsible for ensuring that you have properly trained people, and that their needs are addressed so they can focus on their jobs. In addition, one of the most important aspects of your job is to lead change at internet speed… innovation has made us the global company that we are today. We strive for scaleable solutions to improve our overall business. Executing well thought out approaches to problem solving and designing short term solutions while partnering with Tech and product teams to design the long-term solution will be a key element of your job.
Additional Job Elements
• Lift and move product up to 49 pounds
• Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
• Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency
• Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
• Able to travel within your designated city 100%
• Flexibility in schedule as you may be required to work any day of the week, across daily operating hours
• Effectively communicate with internal and external partners
• Problem solve complex solutions to find scrappy, scaleable solutions for customers and associates
Basic QualificationsBasic Qualifications
· You have a completed bachelor’s degree or 2+ years of Amazon experience
· You are authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
· You take ownership in your work and team and are available to work overtime during Amazon’s peak holiday season and as needed year-round. In addition, you are flexible to work on any type of assigned shift (nights, weekends, etc.).
· You pride yourself in leading others; you have direct management experience and have been responsible for your employees’ performance.
· You have an eye for efficiency and have experience identifying and executing process improvement initiatives.
Preferred QualificationsPreferred Qualifications
· You have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations, or a related field.
· You have over 3 years of management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment.
· You are leader and exhibit that in you every day work. You not only have experience in managing a team of 30+ employees, you also lead process improvements though Lean process, Kaizen, and Six Sigma.
· You have the ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment, and when given a deadline you know how to motivate yourself and meet it.
· You don’t hesitate in public speaking or writing a paper. You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
· You enjoy analytical work and using data to provide thought-provoking and workable solutions. Data is what you look to when given a problem to solve.
· You typically volunteer to lead projects and help your team achieve goals. You have a track record of taking ownership and driving results.
· You like adventures and taking risks. You are willing to relocate to any of our sites in the country with the assistance provided.
· You see value in long term thinking and large scale impact to a company. You have interest in developing a long-term career through assignments in multiple operational buildings across the nation.
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and we are even more committed to working with you to make that happen. Depending on the type of job, you will be required to engage in physical warehouse activities given reasonable accommodation. These activities include the following:
· Lifting and moving material up to 49 pounds each
· Bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
· Frequent walking in the building and around area; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
· Standing and walking for up to 10-12 hours a day
· Ascending and descending ladders, stairs, and gangways safely and without limitation
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age.