Amazon Logistics team is looking for an enthusiastic, detail oriented and customer obsessed EHS Program Manager. The AMZL EHS Program Manager will provide consistent program management and support large scale projects relating to AMZL-specific business needs.
To be successful in this role, candidates will need to thrive in a fast paced environment making process-driven decisions which will have a direct impact on internal customers. This role will engage and collaborate heavily with internal safety teams, Operational leaders, and technical subject matter experts (SMEs) to reduce risks and continually improve safety programs and processes. This role involves hands-on work in order to understand stakeholder needs, expectations, and consistently delivery high quality results. Candidates must have strong project management skills, and be an effective communicator both verbally and written.
Program Manager Responsibilities:
· Develop, implement, and manage frequent program changes to ensure strategic direction and project goals are achieved.
· Develop safety policies/procedures, training materials and other documents as needed to enable successful implementation.
· Prepare status reports by gathering, analyzing and summarizing key measures for stakeholder for review.
· Partner with other regional teams and program managers to integrate safety tools, programs, and best practices into AMZL programs.
· Provide consistent and transparent communication with team members to resolve barriers and minimize project risks.
· Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.
· Conduct post-mortem project evaluations and identify strengths/weakness, effectiveness, and opportunities for revision to ensure continual improvement.
Basic Qualifications· Completed BS/BA in safety, environmental, ergonomics or a related field required
· 3-5 years of direct project management experience in the safety, logistics, operations, and/or engineering setting
· Experience analyzing and interpreting data.
· Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment.
· Experience leading network wide change management and program implementation projects.
· Must be willing to travel up to 40% based on business needs
Preferred Qualifications· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort interfacing with Directors and VPs
· Ability to develop and implement department goals and strategies based on broader organization goals.
· Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
· Six Sigma/Lean Methodologies
Amazon offers competitive packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), stock based awards, growth potential, and a challenging and exciting work environment.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.