Reliability, Maintenance, and Engineering (RME) is hiring for a Regional Portfolio Manager!
The goal of our team is to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small, are delivered as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. To meet this goal, we are continually striving to innovate and provide best in class service levels through the introduction of pioneering new products and services. To that end, Amazon is seeking a disruptive and groundbreaking thinker to provide strategic and tactical leadership over maintenance, repair and vendor management operations to support the Global Specialty Fulfillment, AMXL and Specialty Distribution businesses across the North American market.
The Regional Portfolio Manager will manage multiple complex projects and tasks simultaneously as well as influence, negotiate and develop relationships at all levels of the organization. Additionally, they must be a highly skilled vendor management professional.
· Manage of all engineering and commissioning of complex projects
· Provide technical leadership and mentoring to site teams, vendors and leaders within various Amazon teams across a number of Amazon business units
· Assist in coordinating information between various teams in the organization
· Develop long-term strategies and assisting procurement with negotiations and cost-out initiatives
· Source and hold vendors accountable to established KPIs and scope of services
· Travel 50-75%, based on business needs
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Operations, Business Administration, or a related field OR 2+ years Amazon experience providing technical support to field maintenance teams
· Experience conducting condition-based calibration site assessments.
· Experience in retail and fulfillment/distribution environment systems and applications to include: refrigeration and base building systems, material handling and storage systems, and CMMS systems
· Experience in workplace safety, including hazardous energy control and data-driven decision making
Preferred Qualifications· 2+ years of Vendor Relation Management, specifically for large distribution centers.
· Deep understanding and knowledge of PdM, predictive tools/condition monitoring systems for electrical distribution, refrigeration equipment and/or food processing equipment.
· Implementation of vendor based maintenance solutions to drive equipment reliability and up time for commercial refrigeration systems and food processing equipment.
· Experienced in design review process to incorporate electrical, mechanical, automation controls solutions to drive equipment reliability and standards.
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, with high expectations.
· Bias for action to remedy issues quickly
· Detail-oriented problem solver skilled in minimizing cost and risk through effective compliance auditing and safety culture.
· Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
· Strong oral and written skills.
· Ability to effectively interface across Corporate, Engineering, Operations, Field Business Partners, and 3P Vendors to determine, coordinate, and achieve corporate objectives.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age