This position requires the candidate to relocate or live within 50-100 miles of: BWI5, 5501 Holabird Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21224
Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) Linehaul manages best-in-class surface transportation programs for our internal and external customers. Connecting vendors, fulfillment centers, sort centers, air gateways, USPS and final mile delivery stations, if a truck load needs to be moved, we deliver results. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute over a billion shipments each year to our loyal customers. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, customer-centric, bright, and driven people.
We are looking for an organized self-starter who excels at internal stakeholder management and external third party management to join the ATS Transportation Execution Team. We are seeking Transportation Program Managers to support our network throughout the United States. This person is responsible for managing successful transportation execution and programs across specific nodes. This is a high collaborative role and will require work cross-functionally across various teams to be able to meet deliverables.
The ideal candidate will have experience with cross-organization communications and will ensure key information cascades consistently and smoothly across stakeholder organizations. He or she will also possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills. If you have demonstrated an ability to innovate for the customer and want to create the best-in-class transportation experience, then come join our team.
Areas of responsibility include:
· Manage transportation execution across all lanes and programs for a regional node, consisting of 8-12 buildings
· Manage carrier relationships at a local, regional and national level and identify opportunities for improvement through ongoing carrier communication
· Primary manager responsible for driving performance in key metrics such as safety, on-time delivery/pickup, rejections and compliance
· Utilize data across multiple systems to identify the root cause and take action on it within the network
· Has autonomy to make decisions relating to carrier relationships and the responsibility to display solid decision-making and judgment on which problems to escalate and when to escalate problems that require input from cross-functional teams or senior leadership
· Support all safety programs and DOT compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all
· Proactively identify and lead process improvement projects to solve complex problems across the network
· Regularly represents company at meetings with carrier representatives for purposes of managing performance and identifying mutual solutions.
· Manage carrier performance against Perfect VRID expectations (Tender accept, OT to pick/depart, OT to Destination, App Compliance, EDI compliance, Reject Rate, Case Response Time)
· Responsible for inbound performance across key metrics: CARP Compliance, EDI Compliance, On-Time, Case Management, No Call No Show
· Manage carrier engagement, driving carrier value proposition: Revenue, Tractor Utilization, Tour Quality
· Partner with Transportation Operations Teams and Building Operations’ Senior leadership to drive process improvements that reduce: Misloads / Trailer Damage / Gate Delays / FC Loads Delays
Basic Qualifications· A completed Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics, Management, Engineering, Transportation or other technical field
· 6+ years in a leadership role with proven to guide without authority either as an individual contributor or people manager
· Ability to work autonomously and report to a remote manager
· Proven advanced Excel and Analytical Skills
· Display solid judgment on when to escalate problems, especially when dealing with ambiguity
· Willing to engage in productive conflict resolution with key partners
· Candidates must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts regularly
· 25% travel may be required
Preferred Qualifications· Master’s Degree or MBA
· 6+ year’s experience in a Transportation, Supply Chain, Logistics, Retail, Manufacturing, Warehousing Industry Experience
· 6+ years’ experience as a Program Manager, Project Manager, Consultant, Analyst, or other relevant work experience
· Proficiency with SQL, Tableau, or other data mining languages
· Proven ability to work cross functionally
· Lean process, Kaizen, Six Sigma, process improvement experience
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.