- Part-time, non-exempt, 20-25 hours per week
- $15-19 per hour, depending on experience
- Benefits include paid time off, paid company holidays, and paid parental, health, and medical leave
- Fully remote, flexible schedule
The Communications Assistant will support the Association’s marketing and communications efforts and will be involved in all aspects of internal and external communications. With oversight from the Marketing & Communications Manager, the Assistant will coordinate the Association’s social media accounts, provide content for print and web communications, and use various reporting and analytics to support the Association’s communications plan.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Writing, proofing, organizing, and posting social media, print, survey, and web content
- Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Twitter
- Scheduling software Later
- Building and disseminating e-communications
- Website updates
- Pulling and assessing reports, analytics, and insights
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Background
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in communications, marketing, or a related field through work history and/or education
- Candidate should have general knowledge of not-for-profit and/or membership organizations.
- Strong passion, familiarity, or interest in public gardens, public horticulture, and/or museums a plus
Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency using MS Office Suite software, including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Displays with training a strong working knowledge of various Content Management Systems (CMS) including, but not limited to Association software used for membership (iMIS/RiSE), marketing & communications (Informz, Qualtrics Survey Software), and web content (Drupal)
- Experience utilizing social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram)
- Experience with scheduling software (Hootsuite, Later, etc.) a plus
- Strong writing and technical editing skills
- Extremely customer service-oriented
- Well organized, possesses a strong attention to detail, and is respectful of deadlines
- Must be able to multi-task and work independently while maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Takes direction, exercises sound judgment, observes confidentiality, and exhibits professional demeanor
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Suite products (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro) or other graphic artistry or video production/editing experience is a plus
This position may require the employee to undergo appropriate background checks as a condition of employment. This position will operate remotely. The position may be asked to travel to national events which may take place multiple times throughout the year.
Email your resume and cover letter to JoinOurTeam@publicgardens.org with the subject line “Communications Assistant”.
Application Deadline: 8/8/2022
As part of our commitment to IDEA principles, we request that you do not include a headshot or other photos with your application. The following information will be redacted from your resume prior to initial review by our hiring committee:
- Your name and contact information
- Names of schools, colleges, or universities attended; degrees or certifications achieved will be provided to the committee
American Public Gardens Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Research shows that women and BIPOC are less likely to apply to job postings when they don’t believe they meet all qualifications. We encourage you to apply if your skills and experience broadly meet the job description.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About American Public Gardens Association
The American Public Gardens Association is the leading professional organization for the field of public horticulture. We champion and advance public gardens as leaders, advocates, and innovators in the conservation and appreciation of plants. Based upon the Association’s core values of grow thoughtfully, collaborate authentically, elevate our voice, and cultivate passion, our association community lives a spirit of “we all grow” throughout our activities. We're growing and evolving our staff's capacity to engage our national network of 10,000 garden professionals and we want you to join us. This work will reward your communications and marketing skills and your desire to serve our field, growing with the Association as we fulfill our vision of a world where public gardens are indispensable.