Amigos de Jesús is seeking a Full Time Accountant/Financial Analyst to join its Philadelphia office. Reporting to the CEO, this role is responsible for the management of the financial operations in Honduras and US. This is a hybrid position offering a flexible in-office/virtual work schedule in an uplifting, collaborative work environment.
About Amigos de Jesús
Position Summary: Amigos de Jesús is seeking a Full Time Accountant/Financial Analyst to join its Philadelphia office. Reporting to the CEO, this role is responsible for the management of the financial operations in Honduras and US. This is a hybrid position offering a flexible in-office/virtual work schedule in an uplifting, collaborative work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide day-to-day accounting and bookkeeping activities and perform the month-end close; reconcile the bank and other balance sheet accounts, allocate expenses, and post month-end journal entries.
• Assist with monthly and quarterly forecasts, including P&L, balance sheet and cash flow forecast process and analyze and communicate changes in actual results and forecasts in management reporting. Assist in the preparation of the annual budget.
• Provide financial expertise support to the CEO on matters relating to budgeting, forecasting, management reporting, and core financial analysis.
• Perform financial duties including reviewing invoices and processing accounts payable posting deposits, recovering losses, reconciling accounts, meeting with auditors, and completing and/or adjusting journal entries.
• Oversee payroll processes including preparation of fund transfer requests in association with such processes
• Prepare and maintain timely monthly financial reports.
• Assist with annual year-end audit processes.
• Prepare updated monthly rolling forecast reports to guide the organization’s mid-term and long-term financial decisions.
• Review compliance of purchases to ensure items are procured in compliance with applicable standards i.e state regulations, federal regulations for non-profits.
• Ensure adherence to established organizational procedures and policies, as well as federal and state regulations, as they apply to maintaining accurate financial records, managing accounts payable, budgeting and monthly reporting practices, and recommend process improvements where necessary to ensure greater control, transparency, and compliance with federal and state reporting requirements for non-profit organizations.
• Develop and update charts, graphs, and dashboards of financial and operational data.
• Maintain inventory of signed employee contracts and agreements.
• Assist with preparing review decks for CEO and Board of Directors meetings.
• Work collaboratively and proactively with the Honduras-based sister organization to provide financial support and business insights.
• Ensure all accounting duties, including necessary paperwork, are performed in a timely manner and in compliance with nonprofit requirements.
• Other duties as assigned to carry out the responsibilities of the role.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related discipline required.
• 3-5 years related finance/accounting experience required.
• 2-3 years of financial analysis or financial accounting-based roles preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in an office environment.
• Prior experience in financial management desired.
• Experience in nonprofit accounting desired.
• Experience in general ledger accounting and financial statement preparation required.
Knowledge and Skills
• Experience with financial software, QuickBooks, Excel spreadsheets and Word required.
• Proficient in online tools and software such as Google Drive, MS Office Suite Outlook, and Zoom.
• Office management experience.
• Able to be trusted with confidential information.
• Bilingual preferred both written and oral (Spanish and English).
• Strong personal commitment to the mission and values of Amigos de Jesús.
• Excellent organizational skills: must be highly organized, detail oriented with the ability to multitask.
• Excellent communication and customer relationship skills
• Strong writing skills with ability to proofread typed material for contextual, grammatical, typographical, or spelling errors.
• Ability to work independently and under the pressure of deadlines
• Friendly and caring attitude when dealing with donors, staff members, volunteers, and visitors
• Ability to operate standard office equipment, such as a computer, copier, and scanner.
Please send cover letter and resume to Kelley Kuyat at email@example.com.