Who we are
We’re a rapidly growing tech startup based in Cambridge, MA. Millions of readers use our products every day to find great books, and our service empowers thousands of leading publishers and authors to drive sales and find new fans. We’re expanding our team to address the challenges and opportunities of the publishing industry while continuing to help readers find stories and authors they’ll love. Check out BookBub and our audiobooks retailing platform, Chirp, and learn more about what to expect working at BookBub.
About the position
We are seeking a talented mid to senior level analyst to join our team. As a member of our Analytics team, you will provide analytical support, and thought partnership to stakeholders throughout the business as we work to expand our user base, accelerate revenue growth and improve our products and services. You will share knowledge and experience with other analysts as we continue developing a world-class analytics function.
Here’s an example of what someone can expect to accomplish in their first year in the position:
- Collaborate with members of the Product, Partner, Marketing and Engineering teams to pursue growth objectives and optimize the business
- Develop a deep understanding of the business and become a trusted partner for business stakeholders.
- Provide thought partnership and analytical insights to stakeholders as we work together toward shared objectives
- Become an expert in BookBub’s data, helping us determine which data can guide our decisions and improve business performance
- Create dashboards, reports and analytical processes to keep us on course and track our progress
- Help design experiments to test product changes and marketing campaigns. Analyze the resulting data and help build a growing knowledge base about our customers and industry.
- Explore, discover, and investigate the data, finding new ways to predict and improve performance
- Share your experience and findings with other analysts as we work to grow and develop our capabilities individually and as a team
- Continue to develop your own abilities and hone your analytical skills through active learning and challenging projects
Ideal candidates for this position will have:
- Excellent critical thinking skills – adept at deconstructing complex problems to identify the analytically addressable questions
- Strong communication skills that enable you to work as a thought partner and break down complex topics, to help teammates better understand and pursue their objectives
- Comfort with experiment design, statistical testing and analysis
- Familiarity with basic modeling methods and their applications (e.g. regression, classification and forecasting models)
- Experience with one or more statistical software packages a plus (e.g. SAS, SPSS, R, Python with Pandas, etc.)
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience with BI tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau, Power BI)
- Minimum 3–5 years experience in an analyst role
BookBub offers competitive benefit options including medical, dental, vision, 401k, generous paid parental leave, and take-what-you-need paid time off.
Remote work flexibility
Our team has where-you-work flexibility that allows you to choose a predominantly remote, in-office, or hybrid setup within Massachusetts, where our office is located, and certain other states. We’ll help each team member figure out the work set up that’s best for them, including WFH equipment or a dedicated desk space in our office. We value the health and safety of our people above all else, and our in-person work options will remain contingent on local safety guidelines and recommendations.
Our interviewing philosophy
Our goal is to get to know you in a low-pressure, friendly environment — and to give you ample opportunity to learn more about us, too.
Our typical process includes these types of experiences:
- A resume screen and introductory phone/video chat
- A take-home exercise where you’ll have the opportunity to demonstrate your communication and problem-solving skills
- Additional conversations with your potential future team members, the hiring manager, and People Operations
We personally review every application, and if we think there might be a fit, we’ll typically reach out via email within a couple weeks to start the conversation.
We will always do what we can to be flexible around your personal time commitments, deadlines, and general availability. We know that by joining our interview process, you’re trusting us with your time — so we’ll do our best to run a process for you that’s as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
Your interview experience
We aim to create an environment where you can interview at your best. If we can provide any assistance or accommodations during your time with us, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests are treated as privately as possible and have no impact on candidate eligibility.
BookBub strives to be an inclusive workplace and we value learning from different perspectives. We seek to foster an environment filled with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.