The Amazon Offline Retail team is the group responsible for selling Amazon devices into many brick and mortar retailers across the US.
The Area Manager role is a leadership role, reporting to a Regional Manager and directly oversees a number of Market Managers. The Area Manager is responsible for coaching, development, and performance management of those assigned Market Managers. They will also support their region by managing a select number of stores and taking on additional assigned projects.
The role can be based in Philadelphia, Southern New Jersey, Maryland or Washington D.C.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Increase sales through the offline retail channel
· Directly oversee a designated number of Market Managers within given region and are responsible for coaching, developing, and performance managing the team
· Ensure the Amazon in-store experience and merchandising is properly implemented across retailers within your direct team and region
· Interview, hire and manage a team with accompanying responsibilities of allocating and directing work
· Serve as the Amazon evangelist for your region. Train Market Managers on how to sell our devices and accessories.
· Monitor and respond to success metrics in your market
· Sponsor internal and external business reviews covering operational performance and strategic initiatives
· Create programs and processes that will allow Market Managers to target highest value regions, accounts and stores
· Manage in store product transitions and retailer communications
· Collect business and market insights from consumers, store associates, and Market Managers
· Work with Amazon Marketing and Product Management to incorporate findings into marketing plan and product roadmap
· Identify expansion opportunities among regional retailers
· Travel to complete store visits within assigned territory
· Regularly visit and spend time with direct reports in the field
· Be on your feet for up to 8 hours at a time
· 7+ years of work experience in consumer electronics
· 2+ years of people management experience
· Multi-unit leadership experience
· Flexible work hours including nights and weekends
· Experience in communicating and presenting product features and teaching others
· Availability to travel 50% of the time or as required
· Access to reliable transportation to travel between worksites during the work day
· Possess a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and a clean motor vehicle record
· Push, pull, lift or carry items up to 50 pounds (with or without reasonable accommodation)
· Possess a cell phone compatible with Form.com which includes, iOS and Android devices. Form.com is not compatible with Windows, Blackberry or any other OS
· 9+ years of work experience in retail consumer electronics
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Experience with detail oriented work and communication
· Composed, poised and professional demeanor
· Bachelor’s degree
· Experience in recruiting, hiring and developing a talent pipeline to support future growth opportunities
· Demonstrated success in problem solving and delivering results.
· Deep understanding of Amazon devices.
· Passion for Amazon and commitment to delighting customers.
· Ability to complete multiple activities simultaneously
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.