BerlinRosen is a leading national public relations and strategic communications firm delivering high impact media, digital and creative strategies to top organizations, companies, and candidates around the United States. Named the number one agency in America by the Observer, BerlinRosen was founded in 2005 by Valerie Berlin and Jonathan Rosen and has grown to a staff of more than 300 with offices in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles.
Our clients are at the forefront of progressive work around racial justice and civil rights, low-wage worker advocacy, voting rights, economic security, the environment, affordable housing, human rights, LGBT issues, healthcare, education, money in politics and ending mass incarceration. We also represent some of the biggest clients defining the future of technology, urban innovation, lifestyle and real estate, architecture and those who are shaping the future of cities.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Strategic Campaigns team works with nonprofits, foundations, impact investors, analysts and others focused on building a more inclusive and equitable financial system. Our work helps improve the lives of families and communities, with a particular focus on communities of color, and takes aim at the economic and political inequality that threatens our democracy.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
BerlinRosen is seeking a Senior Vice President.
Do you enjoy translating complex financial and economic research into compelling messaging and using data to tell inspiring stories? Have you worked with companies to help them reach their sustainability and social impact goals? Are you looking for a new opportunity where you can apply your financial PR expertise to a portfolio of mission-driven clients who are changing the world for the better? Are you inspired to build a more inclusive financial system that promotes social and racial equity? Are you eager to empower investors to hold companies accountable for their performance on environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues? Are you ready to fight for equitable access and distribution of investment capital for small business owners of color and communities of color?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then this is the job for you.
Note: This position is available for a remote location within the United States, or within one of our offices (Los Angeles, New York City, Washington, D.C.) on Eastern Time.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As a Senior Vice President on our Strategic Campaigns team, you will…
- Drive a vision for strategic communications and direction for a portfolio of work
- Be a leader and mentor for a dynamic group of committed communicators
- Elevate firm and individual expertise in key issue and industry areas
- Grow a portfolio of client work and new business opportunities, supported by firm relationships and directed by your own vision and networks
- Provide senior advice, client counsel and conceptualize strategy for philanthropies, advocacy organizations and companies and motivate teams to implement integrated campaigns that leverage public affairs, media and digital tactics to reach key audiences and achieve client goals
- Oversee financial account management
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in strategic communications or media relations
- Strong news sense and knowledge of the media, particularly around business and financial issues, impact investing, philanthropy
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Multi-tasks easily; has the ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while paying close attention to details
- A deep understanding of media relations, public affairs, ESG and financial communications or similar work in the fields of finance, politics, philanthropy and government
- A track record of communications wins, specifically in strategic media relations, message development and narrative
- Experience with the agency business model, including strong client management experience
- A track record of business development and client development, and/or a deep network to leverage for business development and partnerships
- Excitement to serve a diverse set of clients, and the hunger to build a dynamic book of business
- A commitment to staff development, professional growth and mobility, and building a diverse and inclusive team
- Experience building and leading talented teams and a personal commitment to effective management
- A belief that good ideas can come from anyone on the team, and a strong, confident leadership presence that projects internally and externally
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role, including…
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement committed to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary based on leading market rates
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company-sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Company-sponsored Talkspace membership
- 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
- Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
- 11 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile phone reimbursement