The Executive Assistant provides high-level executive support to the President and senior consultants of BGA. We are a staff of less than five so this position would engage with every aspect of our work. The Executive Assistant is responsible for ensuring an outstanding experience for BGA clients by supporting the President, providing prompt attention to client requests, and overseeing delivery of services and materials.
BGA works almost exclusively in the progressive community and the successful candidate will share our commitment to progressive values and bring a sense of joy to the work. We all work virtually and the successful candidate will be able to manage his/her time independently and be exceptionally self-motivated.
The ideal candidate is also highly organized, manages up effectively, and has impeccable attention to detail. We cannot stress enough how much attention to detail matters here. The successful candidate will appreciate and enjoy the fast-paced nature of our work and of working at the speed of clients who are in the national spotlight.
We are also committed to mentoring and the ideal candidate would also have an interest in fundraising and in learning fundraising as a skill set. While this is a mid-level position, we have a strong interest in developing our staff and a talented individual would be provided with many opportunities for growth.
Support to President and senior consultants
- Provide high-level support in daily administrative duties
- Manage all aspects of principal schedule including full responsibility for an active calendar and arranging all client meetings
- Compose correspondence
- Provide support to the senior consultants at key strategy meetings by keeping notes, tracking action items, and preparing follow up documents for clients
- Provide all relevant information and logistical details pertaining to scheduled meetings and calls
- Maintain client database and filing system
- General development support as assigned
- Project manage internal and external deliverables and help prioritize action items
- Coordinate all internal team meetings
- Provide logistical and technical support for trainings, strategy sessions and convenings
- Assist with materials production for trainings including handouts, PowerPoint decks, etc.
- Provide occasional logistical and technical support for fundraising events
- Conduct research on organizations, prospect research on donors, etc.
Materials production and design
- Format and copy edit internal and external documents
- Manage production schedule for client reports
- Two+ years’ experience in an administrative position reporting directly to senior management, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Outstanding and uncompromising attention to detail.
- Exceptional ability to set up and maintain solid systems.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize, and perform a wide variety of tasks over the course of the workday.
- Ability to think through the day-to-day logistics of schedules and be able to make last minute changes as needed.
- A strong interest in fundraising and development.
- A deep and abiding commitment to progressive issues.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, flexible, and able to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently and with professional discretion in performing work assignments.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with donor management software a plus.
- A passion for social justice!
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled.
BGA is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages diversity in the workplace.
About Beth Grupp Associates
Beth Grupp Associates (BGA) is a small, dynamic team of people who are passionate about social change. At the heart of BGA’s work is a commitment to supporting the progressive community through fundraising and growing organizational capacity for the long term. We love to help good organizations become better and we also love to mentor and grow our own staff.
As the sole founder and proprietor, Beth Grupp handles a small, select number of clients including many nationally recognized organizations and progressive leaders. We are an exciting, fast-paced group, moving at the speed of the national news cycle and with the intensity of national politics and front-page issues.
We are based in Washington, D.C. and are seeking people to join us who share our passion for justice. Since we are a small team, we are a supportive family of co-workers who also hold ourselves to exacting standards of excellence.
We have a strong belief in racial inclusion and are committed to continuing our practice of having fully 50% of our staff be BIPOC team members.