Lead Quality Engineer
Areas of Interest
Digital & Technology/Information Technology
Houston – Texas – United States of America
Working under limited supervision, manages the automation efforts across multiple projects, ensuring Agile CoE/DevOps processes are being followed and implemented. Creates, executes, and maintains test cases in line with the functional test requirements and the overall DevOps processes, as necessary. Collaborate with business stakeholders and developers to ensure optimal test coverage for the delivery of quality products and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manages implementation of predefined automation and DevOps standards for products within scope as well as the processes of continuous integration and deployment
• Creates manual test cases and automated testing scripts in the desired tool, based on the functional test cases created for user stories. Stores automated tests on the respective source control system – TFS, GitHub etc. when necessary
• Collaborates effectively with business stakeholders, developers, scrum masters, product owners and other constituents involved in development, testing and release of software products
• Advises QA process improvement and scope definition for UAT, smoke and regression tests
• Creates test plans, requirement traceability matrix and takes ownership of all QA related deliverables for the success of projects. Highlights risks, issues and dependencies
• Demonstrates strong technical competence to write and execute complex SQL queries used in ASP.NET web and AS400/iSeries applications, test data setup, SSIS packages and APIs
• Leads defect triage and lifecycle management. Proactively investigates and verifies production defects and deficiencies and be an advocate for continuous improvement
• Monitors the progress of the QA activities, both manual and automated, and intervenes, when necessary, with corrective action to achieve the product goals
• Manages automation test reporting, ensuring the data from the automation is accurately recorded and reported – and collated, as necessary
• Learns and adapts quickly to the business domain and technical environment
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. Provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers. May lead project teams and/or plan and supervise assignments of contract employees for larger capital projects. The ideal candidate will demonstrate key leadership qualities of ownership, communication, collaboration, technical competence
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university, preferably with emphasis in Computer Science. Requires a minimum of 6 years prior experience in manual testing and test automation including development of test scripts and Agile software development including 2 years in a lead position. Consideration given to equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Professionally certified in QAI(CSTE) or ISTQB preferred. Desired Six Sigma Green belt and Lean processes.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conducts advanced financial analysis.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
Experience with tools like TFS, Jira, HP QC, MicroFocus ALM. Experience with case management tools, preferably MTM, and test automation tools, preferably QTP/Selenium and Telerik Test Studio – cloud based automation. Knowledge in Open-source technologies and tools.
Experience to Agile software development.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.
CBRE is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
NOTE: Some, but not all, of our positions may have an additional requirement to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including COVID-19 vaccination proof and/or rigorous testing. If you have questions about the requirement(s) for this position, please inform your Recruiter.