City Year Seattle / King County seeks an experienced recruiter and relationship builder to serve as our next Community Partnerships Manager (CPM). This role will add capacity to local recruiting efforts to create a strong pipeline of prospective City Year Seattle / King County AmeriCorps Members.
The CPM will be responsible for building new and leveraging existing partnerships with high schools, community colleges, and organizations serving youth in King County and the surrounding areas. The CPM will increase awareness of the opportunity to serve as a member of the City Year Seattle / King County team for young adults ages 17-25 by building strategic partnerships with local youth stakeholders. This role will support City Year’s mission through direct engagement with potential applicants between the ages 17-25.
A significant portion of this role’s time will be attending in-person visits and events to build relationships with partners, champions, and prospective AmeriCorps members. This position will require day and possible overnight travel in and around the Seattle / King County community and the Pacific Northwest region, as well as attendance at events on evenings and weekends. While attending events, the CPM will wear City Year branded apparel.
This position will report to the Managing Director, People, Strategy, and Operations and will partner closely across departments and with our national recruitment team.
Partnership Development and Management
- Identify and implement cultivation strategies to increase City Year brand awareness among champions (school counselors, faculty and staff) in each partner institution (high schools, community colleges, local youth-facing community-based organizations)
- Support opportunities for champions to promote serving with City Year to potential applicants
- Actively spend time in local high schools cultivating relationships with champions
- Deepen opportunities to source candidates from local school districts by partnering with site staff on a holistic district partnership approach that includes working with counselors
Recruitment Events and Activities
- Identify opportunities to promote City Year service directly to potential applicants through events, community presentations, champion introductions, facilitating professional development workshops, etc.
- Participate in activities with high school and community college students to introduce the opportunity of serving with City Year
- Identify and attend Career Fairs and make High School, Community College & 4-year University campus visits and facilitate engaging presentations
- Use systems to track event engagement, champions, and prospects and evaluate effectiveness of strategies
Site and National City Year Collaboration and Engagement
- Partner closely with members of the national Corps Talent Acquisition team to support a successful hand-off from local sourcing to the nationally led application and admissions process
- Partner with the national recruitment and marketing teams to help tell the City Year Seattle / King County story, its impact on students, and the AmeriCorps member experience
- Serve as the site’s confirmed AmeriCorps Member point, partnering with the national recruitment team on the engagement of confirmed AmeriCorps Members to ensure a strong start to their service year
- Support other site-wide work and projects (e.g., Race and Equity work, site events, service projects, AmeriCorps member appreciations, etc.) as needed to ensure site goals are met
- Passionate about recruiting a high quality and diverse corps who will serve our students
- A strong written and verbal communicator, effective at tailoring messages to different audiences and in different situations
- Someone who loves meeting and engaging with new people
- An organized strategist, you plan long term and implement day to day with consistency
- Anchored in a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Able to support multiple candidates and partnerships at varying stages in the recruitment process
- Organized and detail-oriented, ready to learn and use new systems
- Rooted in the local community and committed to cultivating sustainable mutually beneficial partnerships – particularly with communities of color
- A life-long learner, seeking diverse perspectives and opportunities to learn, improve and innovate
- Experience with AmeriCorps, our local school district, or a local community college a plus
Note from the hiring manager: Don’t have all the qualifications listed? Don’t worry about it. If you’re interested, I’d love for you to apply so I can learn a bit more about why you might be the perfect addition to our team!