Senior Communication Strategist – Climate Access
Climate Access is a nonprofit organization focused on building political and public support for climate and clean energy solutions by developing and promoting the adoption of effective communication and engagement approaches. Working in partnership with governments and nonprofit organizations, Climate Access develops framing and engagement strategies and trains leaders in climate and sustainability communications best practices.
Climate Access offers strategic framing and narrative guidance, activation and engagement services, and runs a capacity building program for more than 4,500 members from nonprofit, government, academic and community organizations. Drawing from social science, best practices in the field and its in-depth experience, Climate Access makes complex issues easy to understand and engages stakeholders outside the “choir”, including those most impacted by climate change.
Join our team of leading climate communicators to run innovative pilot projects and create communication engagement tools and trainings for practitioners. The Senior Communication Strategist will help develop and implement innovative strategies to build support for solutions. Reporting to the Executive Director of Climate Access, the Senior Communication Strategist will contribute expertise in equitable and inclusive engagement to develop effective approaches to building support for climate action at the local, regional and state level.
- Develop climate communications and engagement guidance and training to help our global network of climate leaders amplify the effectiveness of their climate outreach campaigns and programs.
- Lead strategic communication planning, implementation and evaluation projects including both grant funded and fee-based initiatives.
- Contribute to content development for the website, social media and fundraising efforts.
- Contribute to weekly staff meetings, planning retreats and board meetings.
- B.A. (M.S. preferred) in communication, environmental studies, political science or related degree
- Minimum 8 years in climate/environment communications or related field
- Excellent writing, public speaking and relationship development skills
- Demonstrated track record developing and implementing strategic communication plans including creating and testing narratives
- Expertise in equitable and inclusive community engagement
- Experience in advocacy campaigns and media relations
- Proven capacity to work collaboratively with a team and a range of partners
- Commitment to contributing to an anti-racist, inclusive organizational culture
- Comfort with working in a virtual office structure and across time zones
- Strong interpersonal skills, initiative, and motivation
- Commitment to advancing equitable climate and energy solutions
This is a full-time, remote position. Salary is commensurate with experience, likely within the range of USD $65,000-70,000.
How to apply
Send cover letter, resume and two writing samples to email@example.com. Application deadline 9/23/22