Climate Cabinet Action helps state and local candidates run, win, and legislate on the climate crisis.
State and local governments are crucial for leveraging federal climate investments and meeting US climate goals. Despite this, only 15% of climate investment goes toward state and local leadership. We’re changing this. At Climate Cabinet, we’re building game-changing data systems and political strategies to surface the biggest climate impact elections and get candidates the support they need to win – and govern – on climate and environmental justice, at scale. We’re building sustained political power for climate action, from the local level up.
We’re hiring a Communications Director to amplify our impact. As a small hands-on team, we’re looking for someone who is excited to both lead on comms strategy and execute on the work.
- Own the Climate Cabinet story and ensure our theory of change, voice and brand feel is consistent and sharp across all public materials
- Create a communications strategy and messaging guidance for Climate Cabinet brands; work with Climate Cabinet team to understand strategy, priorities and communicate impact
- Develop content, and an audience growth and marketing strategy with high impact messages
- Direct and bring to life our biweekly newsletter, social media, and web presence
- Find media hooks, pitch stories, and manage relationships with reporters and media partners
- Be a spokesperson and writer for Climate Cabinet brands
- 5+ years experience as a communications strategist for a political or advocacy campaign
- Experience pitching and placing stories
- Experience managing relationships with reporters and speaking on-the-record
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills
- Experience with content development and project management
- Marketing and communications experience; compelling storytelling
- Dedicated to building political power in local elections, revitalizing democracy, advancing environmental justice, and tackling climate change
- Excited about working in a small, mission-driven, fully remote work environment
Medical, dental and vision insurance; premiums fully covered.
Salary: $80,000 or commensurate with experience.
To apply, send your resume and a short paragraph of interest to email@example.com. Please use the subject line: “Job Application – Comms Director.”
Accepting applications on a rolling basis until December 1, 2022