Climate Jobs National Resource Center (CJNRC) is hiring a Offshore Wind Campaign Director to lead strategy development and goal-setting with state climate jobs coalitions and national unions and supervise a team to build campaigns in support of offshore wind development as a source of renewable energy and of domestic union jobs. Offshore wind has the potential to significantly reduce carbon emissions, create tens of thousands of good union jobs across the United States, and revitalize domestic manufacturing. The Biden Administration has established a goal of developing 30GW of offshore wind by 2030, moving quickly to issue leases for new offshore wind areas while progressive state governments advance their own ambitious offshore wind programs. The OSW Campaign Director will gain a comprehensive understanding of offshore wind and its potential to create good, domestic union jobs in construction, operations and maintenance, and manufacturing.
The OSW Campaign Director will report to CJNRC’s Director of Strategic Campaigns and will work closely with other CJNRC national staff and state coalition staff and leadership. The ideal candidate is an experienced campaign leader with a deep commitment to building the labor movement and fighting the climate crisis.
- Lead engagement with state Climate Jobs coalitions and unions to develop, drive, and win campaigns in support of pro-worker offshore wind development and to overcome local and state opposition;
- Collaborate with state coalition leaders to identify state coalition needs and build state coalition capacity;
- Engage with ally organizations in the labor, environmental, environmental justice, and climate justice movements to build broad support for pro-worker offshore wind policies;
- Manage the CJNRC offshore wind team in strategy development; tracking state and local offshore wind investments, project approvals, policy issues, and opportunities for intervention and advocacy; coordinate education and mobilization with union leaders and rank and file union members to support campaign goals; and
- Coordinate with other CJNRC managers to develop productive internal workflows.
The Offshore Wind Campaign Director does not need to have prior experience with offshore wind policy or technologies, but should have:
- A strong commitment to progressive social change, workers’ rights, racial justice, and a familiarity with the issues that are central to CJNRC’s work and vision;
- At least eight years of experience, including as a lead or director on union, legislative or advocacy campaigns;
- Experience managing a team;
- Strong critical thinking skills;
- Ability to work effectively in politically-sensitive and high-pressure environments;
- Demonstrated commitment to labor and/or community organizing;
- Ability to work independently;
- Effective time management skills, including prioritizing and managing multiple tasks and staff, with light supervision.
This is a full-time, remote position. Long hours will be required on occasion. The position will require some travel throughout the United States and internationally. CJNRC will follow public health guidance related to the Covid-19 pandemic.
The salary range for this position is $105,000-$120,000. CJNRC offers an excellent benefits package that includes employer-paid medical and dental plans for full-time staff and their qualified dependents, life insurance, a dependent care assistance program, and generous PTO.
SEND APPLICATION WITH RESUME and COVER LETTER TO: email@example.com with the subject line “Offshore Wind Campaign Director”
This position is open until filled; however, the posting/acceptance of applications may close at any time. Job descriptions do not cover or contain a comprehensive listing of every activity or responsibility that is required.
CJNRC is committed to equal opportunity, and encourages applicants of all ages, races, sexual orientations, genders, national origins, ethnicities, religions, and veteran status. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and experiences related to our core organizational values and objectives to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Climate Jobs National Resource Center
The Climate Jobs National Resource Center (CJNRC) is a labor-led organization at the forefront of the fight to combat the climate crisis and reverse racial and economic inequality. CJNRC supports a growing network of union-led, state-based climate jobs coalitions organizing to build a clean energy economy at the scale climate science demands, create good union jobs, and sustain more equitable communities. The coalitions we support are at the cutting edge of both workers’ rights and climate action, two defining issues of our time. The coalitions have helped pass the nation’s leading climate policies, won the strongest labor and equity standards for renewable energy in the country, and built winning campaigns for high-road climate investments and good union jobs that will shape the future of the US economy.