Climate Jobs New York is hiring an Offshore Wind Campaign Director for work throughout New York State. The Director will lead Climate Jobs New York’s work to win labor standards and labor agreements for the growing offshore wind industry including major components of the supply chain.
Climate Jobs New York is a coalition of unions advocating for large-scale investments in clean and renewable energy built, manufactured and operated by union workers under union agreements. CJNY is committed to reducing economic inequality by fighting for good union jobs and to a just transition by creating pathways for workers of color and workers displaced by the transition away from fossil fuels to careers in the renewable energy sector.
About Climate Jobs New York
Key Responsibilities include:
· Lead campaign strategy to win labor standards and labor agreements for offshore wind in New York
· Represent Climate Jobs NY and engage with environmental, environmental justice, clergy, social justice organizations and elected officials
· Lead engagement with NY State agencies involved in procurement, regulation of renewable energy
· Track offshore wind projects and key supply chain components, project approvals, policy issues and opportunities for regulatory intervention
· Work with labor affiliates to develop climate activists and mobilize for campaign events
· Organize press events, actions and trainings in support of the campaign
· 3-5 years organizing/campaign experience on issue, political or labor campaigns
· A commitment to the labor movement, environmental justice, racial and gender equity
· Experience leading campaigns
· Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and in multi-cultural environments
· Ability to work independently
· Ability to work long and irregular hours
· Strong verbal and written communications skills
· Coalition experience a plus
· Spanish or Haitian Kreyol a plus
This is a full-time position that requires travel throughout Long Island and New York City, and occasionally to Albany. The salary range for this position is $75,000 - $90,000. CJNY provides an excellent benefits package.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
CJNY is committed to equal opportunity, and encourages applicants of all ages, races, sexual orientations, genders, national origins, ethnicities, religions, and veteran status. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and experiences related to our core values and objectives to apply.