Climate Jobs New York is hiring a Senior Researcher/Policy Analyst for work throughout New York State. The Research will support Climate Jobs New York’s work to win high road labor standards for the growing offshore wind industry including major components of the supply chain, the Carbon Free and Healthy Schools Campaign, and other campaigns. The Researcher will also develop and support legislative and policy initiatives on clean, green and renewable energy projects to support high road labor standards. The position will also build and maintain relationships with other organizations doing policy and campaign work to create good union jobs in the clean and renewable energy sectors.
Climate Jobs New York is a coalition of unions advocating for large-scale investments in clean and renewable energy built, manufactured and operated by union workers under union agreements. CJNY is committed to reducing economic inequality by fighting for good union jobs and to a just transition by creating pathways for workers of color and workers displaced by the transition away from fossil fuels to careers in the renewable energy sector.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Climate Jobs New York
Key Responsibilities include:
- Research, develop and implement comprehensive campaign tactics to support union CJNY and affiliate
campaigns in the clean, green and renewable energy sectors
- Monitor and develop policy and legislative initiatives to support CJNY and affiliate campaigns to win high road
labor standards in the clean, green and renewable energy sectors
- Represent Climate Jobs NY and engage with environmental, environmental justice, clergy, social justice
organizations and elected officials and governmental agencies
- Produce fact sheets, talking points, background info, corporate profiles in support of CJNY campaign work
- Monitor and track industry trends, initiatives and policy
- 3-5 years research, policy, organizing or campaign experience on issue, political or labor campaigns
- A commitment to the labor movement, environmental justice, racial and gender equity
- Experience working on campaigns
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and in multi-cultural environments
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work long and irregular hours
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Coalition experience a plus
- Spanish or Haitian Kreyol a plus
This is a full-time position that may require some throughout Long Island and New York City, and occasionally to Albany.
The salary range for this position is $75,000 - $90,000. CJNY provides an excellent benefits package.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
CJNY is committed to equal opportunity, and encourages applicants of all ages, races, sexual orientations, genders,
national origins, ethnicities, religions, and veteran status. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and
experiences related to our core values and objectives to apply.