Do you love the flexibility and freedom of working remote, but want to make sure you’re a valued member of a small team whose voice will be heard? Do you know Django and React like the back of your hand?
Designlab is looking for a talented full-stack developer to help us improve and expand our rapidly-growing online education platform. We’re a nimble, product-driven team focused on building the best experience in the world for creative skills training. Thousands of students across the globe have already advanced their design skills and changed careers by taking our award-winning online courses. You’ll never get bored, because you’ll be exposed to a wide range of exciting work with us, including but not limited to: customer-facing features to support our global student & mentor base; tools to augment the superpowers of our internal team; workflows to improve payments, dev ops, and other critical processes; and growth/marketing-related experiments.
Designlab is an online platform for expert-driven creative skills education. Students learn design skills through online courses with hands-on projects, live 1-on-1 mentorship from top designers, and community interaction. We’re building a cutting-edge educational experience that provides the rigor and outcomes of offline courses, with the flexibility of an online platform. Thousands of students have taken our courses, with 5-star reviews on sites like Course Report and SwitchUp. UX Academy graduates have been hired at leading companies like Facebook, Microsoft, Sony, and more. Our mentor network is the largest community of design mentors in the industry, with more than 300 designers, many from companies like Airbnb and Dropbox. We’ve built and supported a global student and mentor community with a small/nimble team of outsized performers, and we’re looking to add similar growth-minded individuals to the team.
- Care about details, never hesitate to ask clarifying questions, and proactively anticipate corner cases
- Have excellent written communication skills
- Have experience building and deploying entire web applications from scratch
- Have 5+ years of experience working with Django
- Have 3+ years of experience working with a front-end application framework
- Have experience building applications with React
- Work directly with our Head of Engineering and our small engineering team to augment our software development efforts.
- Participate in code reviews on PRs — we care about readability, consistency, and generally shipping great code that works.
- Ship early and often — add exciting new features and investigate/fix critical bugs in the web application that powers our popular online courses.
- Improve the codebase by constantly looking for places to make things faster, cleaner, clearer.
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Team has always been 100% remote, work where you want
- Generous paid vacation policy
- Retirement benefits (401k match)
- Health & dental benefits
- Choose your own Mac setup
- Work with a talented, mission-driven team on a product that’s innovating in the online education space with thousands of paying customers around the world.