Are you passionate about stopping pollution and fighting for climate justice? Do you want to bring your skills to help us grow our online presence? Are you excited about engaging with diverse audiences across social media platforms about the importance of climate action?
Earthworks is searching for a Digital Media Associate to join our Communications team. The Digital Media Associate will work closely with the Digital Media Manager to enhance our digital presence across a variety of social media platforms. The Associate will engage with a variety of audiences, helping to create content that tells the story of Earthworks and uplifting stories from the communities where we work, and increasing our online following. This role requires the ability to collaborate effectively with all staff and functions within the organization. An ideal candidate for this position will have 3-5 years of experience in managing social media accounts, developing and curating content for a variety of social media platforms, and experience with social analytics and social advertising buys.
- As part of the Communications team, helps work with the Digital Media Manager to develop communications and digital engagement strategies for program, policy and field campaigns.
- Develops social media content and engagement plan.
- Ensures a data-driven strategy to increase engagement across platforms.
- Creates, curates and posts social media content daily for a variety of platforms including, but not limited to, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and TikTok.
- Helps analyze data and trends to help shape the organization’s social media voice, content, and online campaigns.
- Creates digital toolkits.
- Assists with the execution of paid social media campaigns.
- Communicates and collaborates with program and policy staff on social platforms.
- Trains staff and volunteer leaders on how to effectively use Social Media platforms.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of three (3) years of social media experience, preferably in a non-profit, advocacy or social justice organization.
- Experience with WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Analytics, Facebook Ad Manager, Google Ads is desired.
- Experience with Meltwater, Sprout Social and Salsa Engage is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- An ability to work in a remote environment for a fully virtual organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Multicultural competence and a commitment to working with people from a variety of backgrounds, especially ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Excellent solution-oriented skills with an ability to respond to changing
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment where teamwork, collegiality,
and self-motivation are necessary for success.
- Sharp attention to detail.
- Openness to ongoing learning and coaching from colleagues at every level.
- Proven ability to follow up with colleagues to ensure tasks are completed in a timely fashion.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Ability and desire to interact with diverse audiences.
- Ability to analyze and keep up to date with social media trends.
Benefits and salary:
This is a full time, permanent position. The salary for this position is competitive for small to medium non-profits, ranging from $57K to $61K per year depending on experience. Benefits include full life, health, long/short term disability, dental, and vision insurance coverage for the employee and their partner/family (plus a partially employer funded HSA). Employees also receive unlimited paid leave, and a retirement plan with an employer match, after one year. Additionally, after 7 years, staff are eligible for a 3 month, fully paid sabbatical.
Location, Travel & COVID-19
Location for this position is remote Earthworks has flexible work from home policies. Some travel will be required when air travel and in-person meetings can safely resume as public health conditions permit. Earthworks’ COVID-19 policies prioritize the health and safety of our employees and the need to minimize the public health threat from COVID-19.
Earthworks requires all those hired to provide proof of full vaccination (vaccination and booster) against COVID-19. New hires who have disabilities that make the vaccine medically inadvisable or those who have a sincere religious belief that the vaccine is impermissible may request an accommodation by contacting Lezlie Griffin, Director of Talent and Equity, at email@example.com. Accommodation will be provided only as required by applicable law.
Earthworks is a non-profit organization headquartered in Washington, DC, with 45 employees across 20states and DC. We work to protect communities and the environment from the adverse impacts of mining and energy development while seeking sustainable solutions. We support frontline communities, reform government policies, improve corporate practices, influence investment decisions, and encourage responsible materials sourcing and consumption. We seek to ensure that communities’ voices and concerns are heard in the corridors of power, from the nation’s capital to state houses and legislatures.
Earthworks is committed to challenging and dismantling systemic oppression. Earthworks’ Board and staff understand that promoting diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) both within and beyond Earthworks is critical to carrying out our mission to protect communities and the environment from the adverse impacts of resource extraction. We understand that our commitment to DEI means a dedication to constant learning and improvement.
Earthworks welcomes applications from diverse candidates and is an equal-opportunity employer. Earthworks evaluates employees and applicants for employment on merit, competence, and qualifications and does not tolerate discrimination.
How to apply:
Apply online at https://www.careers-page.com/earthworks-2/job/L938XX44. please include a cover letter, resume, and any links to blogs, Op-Eds, social media handles, websites, or other online presence that highlights your experience. No phone calls please.