EdTA values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LBGTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign born residents, and veterans to apply. For more information, visit: https://www.schooltheatre.org/about/mission/diversity.
We are seeking a dynamic individual to provide project and administrative support to our internal departments for their various projects, events, programs and activities.
- Provide project leadership and/or support for select ad hoc or ongoing projects for internal departments:
- Identify key members, resources, set responsibilities/accountabilities for assigned projects
- Execute assigned project tasks and provide deliverables
- Provide project support for seasonal off-site events such as International Thespian Festival, Theatre Education Conference, EdTA Leadership Summit, etc.
- Provide ongoing stewardship and administration of special programs and processes including award, grant, and scholarship programs.
2. Provide administrative support to internal departments including:
- Data entry, create/revise documents and forms, process/approve invoices
- Execute processes such as event registrations, applications, background checks, etc. for selected projects
- Research, industry benchmarking, data collection and synthesis
3. Provide training and coaching support for technology applications:
- Train and coach internal staff on day-to-day use of project management software
- Train and assist volunteer leadership in deploying event focused technologies including registration and event supporting applications
- Create and maintain training materials, virtual forms, and support interactive virtual engagements
Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated administrative and project support/leadership skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Project management skills
- Ability to create and edit documents per EdTA style standards
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Organizer and multi-tasker with excellent time management skills.
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy in all work.
- Ability to prioritize own wide-ranging workload and work independently.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite and project management software such as Asana, Basecamp or Wrike. Association management software (AMS) experience, specifically Salesforce -based, is a plus.
- Must be comfortable learning and incorporating new technology into the workflow.
- Interest in theatre or the arts preferred.
Location: This is a fully remote position.
Please submit cover letter and resume by email (Subject line: Project Services Specialist 2023-1032) to: HRManager@schooltheatre.org
To apply for this job email your details to HRManager@schooltheatre.org
About Educational Theatre Association
Who We Are: The Educational Theatre Association (EdTA) is an international nonprofit association with more than 135,000 active members. EdTA’s mission is shaping lives through theatre education: honoring student achievement in theatre; supporting teachers by providing professional development, resources, and recognition; and influencing public opinion that theatre education is essential and builds life skills. EdTA is the home of the International Thespian Society, an honorary organization established at nearly 5,000 schools, that has inducted more than 2.3 million theatre students since its founding in 1929. EdTA also produces the International Thespian Festival. The Educational Theatre Foundation is the philanthropic arm of EdTA.