The Recruiter is a full time (40 hours/week) position ideally located in one of our California regions (Greater Los Angeles, Inland Empire, San Diego, Sacramento, Greater San Francisco Bay Area). The Recruiter will own nationwide outreach and the full cycle recruitment of candidate process for the STEM Teaching Fellowship and be cross trained with the STEMx Tutor Recruiter.
They will work alongside and in partnership with Recruitment staff. Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
· Take ownership of, drive and implement all recruiting activities in Greater Los Angeles, Greater Bay Area, Riverside (Inland Empire), Sacramento, San Diego, Colorado and New York, including online and in person strategies.
· Manage all online posting for the organization.
· Deliver recruitment webinars and presentations.
· Identify, contact, and network with relevant local and regional professional associations, businesses, workforce development services, graduate programs, and other recruitment partners/organizations.
· Represent EnCorps at local and regional conferences, job fairs, and other recruitment-related events. When appropriate, conduct in-person presentations to audiences who may be interested in learning about EnCorps.
· Schedule and lead virtual interview days, including training new interviewers, completing interview rubric, etc.
· Serve as the first point of contact for all applicant and answer all candidate questions. Handle all candidate recruitment communication and follow-up in a timely manner.
· Ensure that high-quality messages are delivered across the different channels of phone, e-mail, and in-person.
· Collaborate with the recruitment team to revise and improve the organization’s recruitment strategy.
· Collaborate with the recruitment and communications teams to ensure that organizational messaging is high quality, consistent, and effective at attracting and retaining qualified candidates to EnCorps.
· Meticulously maintain accurate data on applicant recruitment and candidate matriculation.
· Serve as an advocate and ambassador for EnCorps.
● Collaborate within and across departments to create and support a culture of
continuous improvement, ownership, collaboration, teamwork and empowerment;
● Provide excellent customer service to internal and external constituents;
● Ensure timely communication with teaching fellows, StemX tutors, staff, and partners;
● Maintain current knowledge of all EnCorps Teaching Fellows/StemX programming;
● Represent a positive and professional image of EnCorps;
● Understand and comply with policies and practices outlined in EnCorps Staff
Compensation and Benefits:
Be part of a hard-working and entrepreneurial culture with hardworking, fun and passionate people.
· Work from home and create your own flexible schedule to meet organizational needs/goals;
· Mileage reimbursement
· 3 weeks and US national holidays paid time off;
· Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance plan;
· 401k plan;
· Making a difference!!!
We are seeking candidates who believe deeply in our organization’s mission, who thrive in a dynamic environment, and who demonstrate a record of achievement. Successful candidates will also demonstrate:
● 1-2 years of prior recruitment, sales and marketing or teaching experience;
● Excellent communication and writing skills;
● Impeccable organization and attention to detail;
● Outstanding interpersonal, relationship building, and teamwork skills;
● The ability to learn quickly, take initiative, work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively;
● Ability to consistently display a high level of professionalism in all interactions;
● Ability to work autonomously once trained;
● Ability to analyze data and be able to identify and report trends and patterns to inform future recruiting;
● Willingness to engage in some regional and national travel;
● Reliable local transportation required;
● Excellent skills working with computers, including a strong working knowledge of
Salesforce, the Microsoft Office suite, Google Suite, and social media platforms
(Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram);
● A willingness to work non-standard hours and/or occasional evenings;
● An unwavering commitment to educational equity;
● A burning desire to address the teacher shortage crisis;
● A passion for STEM.
EnCorps is an equal opportunity employer and does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, or any other factor irrelevant to doing fantastic work.
How to apply:
Please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity by September 16, 2022, at email@example.com (include Recruiter in subject). We will not consider applications without a cover letter tailored to this position, which can be addressed to the Human Resources. For additional information or if you have questions, please contact us at 424-367-3660 x600.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About EnCorps STEM Teachers Program
The EnCorps STEM Teachers Program transitions skilled professionals in the fields of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) into public school teaching through professional development, early field experience, teacher credentialing support and connections to our network of schools. We are working to close the achievement gap by putting passionate STEM professionals into classrooms in high need schools so they can pass their knowledge onto future leaders in these industries. As a mission-driven non-profit organization, we empower STEM professionals to transform public education by teaching or tutoring in high needs schools.