This may be a remote role, which can sit in any of the following 25 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, SC, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Guild is looking for an Engineering Manager to aid in squad leadership on our Product Engineering team(s). These squads build and maintain the products and experiences used every day by our students, partners and internal student support teams.
We are looking for an upbeat leader to lead the day-to-day operations of our engineering squads while also being willing to be involved and contribute to the codebase. An ideal candidate will excel at helping teams build scalable technology while balancing the needs of a fast-paced business environment. Be responsible for partnering with other leaders on the Product and Engineering teams to help craft the best solutions to tackle the problems at hand, whether that be through people, process, or technology.
As an Engineering Manager, you will:
- Mentor, coach and direct a team of diverse Engineers
- Partner with our product management team to help scope and deliver solutions against Guild’s business goals while balancing the ongoing needs of the Engineering Team
- Collaborate with other Engineering Leaders like Stafford Brunk, Tom Hlavaty and Jess Rusin to identify and solve common problems across the Engineering Team
- Assist your squads as they build solutions based on technologies like React, Ruby on Rails, TypeScript, and AWS Lambda
Ideal candidate will have:
- A consistent track record of successfully managing people
- A desire to lead a team of 4+ engineers while also serving as an individual contributor
- Expertise in technologies like Ruby on Rails, React, TypeScript, or Node
- A willingness and passion for mentorship
- Experience in fast-paced, high-growth startups