Manager, Digital Marketing
New York, NY
Film at Lincoln Center is devoted to supporting the art and elevating the craft of cinema. The only branch of the world-renowned arts complex Lincoln Center to shine a light on the everlasting yet evolving importance of the moving image, this nonprofit organization was founded in 1969 to celebrate American and international film. Via year-round programming and discussions; its annual New York Film Festival; and its publications, including Film Comment, the U.S.’s premier magazine about films and film culture. Film at Lincoln Center endeavors to make the discussion and appreciation of cinema accessible to a broader audience and ensure that it will remain an essential art form for years to come.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Digital Marketing Manager will assist with the day-to-day execution of Film at Lincoln Center’s (FLC) digital marketing and content strategy across social media, websites, and other digital platforms and will assist in managing content creation and dissemination.
This position will participate in the digital aspects of FLC’s programs, events, and activities, including the New York Film Festival and New Directors/New Films. This is a full-time position. The position is currently a hybrid WFH role and may include but is not limited to additional days on-site after working hours for special screenings and festivals as needed.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages website(s), including page/asset updates and the writing, formatting, and posting of blogs and other content,
- Manages social media, including content scheduling, posting to FLC, NYFF, ND/NF, and Film Comment social channels, planning and executing paid social media campaigns, community management, and live-posting from FLC events,
- Conducts red carpet and select filmmaker interviews for FLC channels,
- Oversees the development of video and audio content: ideation, paper edits/quality control, video and audio editing, and general production,
- Manages the FLC podcast, including calendar, introductions, and production,
- Manages editor and videographer’s scheduling and overseeing media delivery,
- Assists Partnerships with recording ad intros and scheduling posts for partners and sponsors,
- Facilitates the production of branded content: communicating with partnerships, programming, our editor, and producer through pre-production and editing,
- Collaborates with the Marketing Manager on trailer flows and creating video slideshows for theater pre-shows,
- Contributes to Key Performance Indicator reports and other digital reporting,
- Supports website development/front-end development projects,
- Creates and maintains online listings across platforms (Google Business, ScreenSlate, Analog Film NYC, New York Times print listings, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Participates in outreach and community building with digital partners,
- Manages vendors, including updates to technology and billing
- Collaborates with other departments/partners on an ongoing basis
- 3-5 years experience in digital marketing,
- Experience with the oversight and management of multimedia content creation
- Excellent knowledge of social media channels and their functionalities – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube in particular,
- Experience working with content management systems such as WordPress,
- Understanding of digital metrics and their meanings (social stats, Google Analytics),
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Experience producing video content and working with photographers / videographers / editors,
- A strong understanding of general marketing principles,
- Experience working with developers and designers, and previous exposure to / working knowledge of each of these areas.
- Works well under pressure and has the ability to lead multiple projects in a fast-paced environment,
- Basic HTML / other coding languages,
- Photography, videography, and/or video editing expertise (familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, including Premiere and Photoshop),
- Experience in a not-for-profit environment,
- Highly organized,
- Motion graphics/animation skills are a plus
- Demonstrated love of film and film culture,
- Able to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously,
- An optimist and a problem-solver,
- Strong communication skills,
- Highly creative,
- Adaptable and open to iteration and feedback,
- A love of film and film culture,
- Strong interest in the internet and technology,
- A sense of humor,
- Passion for a community and mission-driven environment.
This position is represented by the union UAW 2110
Travel<10% Travel (Travel is currently frozen – this estimate assumes travel will re-open in the next year as COVID-19 abates) What we Offer
- Work that makes a difference—the opportunity to contribute to an important mission.
- Competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
- Generous paid time off benefits.
This role will be a union position. This is a full-time, exempt position and eligible for benefitsFilm at Lincoln Center is committed to a workforce representative of the varied audiences we are privileged to serve. We provide a work environment that does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Film at Lincoln Center prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on these protected categories.