Firelight Media is seeking an Information Systems and Technology Manager who will be responsible for planning, strategy, maintenance, and effective usage of technology and information systems. Reporting to the Director of Finance & Operations, the Information Systems and Technology Manager will lead on tech in a time of organizational growth and systems development. This role is key to Firelight’s growing staff’s successful collaboration in a hybrid remote and on-site work environment. The ideal candidate will bring a strong vision for how technology and information systems enable program and organizational effectiveness, and a passion for designing organizational processes and supporting your co-workers in adopting new systems.
Information Systems and Technology Environment
● Physical office located in New York City, with 15 remote employees spanning New York, Louisiana, Utah, and California
● Tech support is provided by an external managed services firm
● Primary applications include Google Workspace, Adobe Creative Suite, Mailchimp, and Submittable, Quickbooks Online, and Zoom, with Airtable soon to be replaced by Salesforce
● The highest-priority Identified current need is for a Salesforce implementation; identified needs for the future are internal communications and project management
● As a primary project for the first 6-9 months, manage Firelight’s initial implementation and adoption of Salesforce (based on an already completed needs assessment and vendor selection process)
● Serve as the system owner and internal expert for Salesforce, including:
○ Working with staff to identify and and prioritize necessary improvements and changes to Salesforce
○ Working with Firelight’s Salesforce support partner to design and implement improvements
○ Training new staff and training existing staff on new features
○ Building and maintaining a Firelight Salesforce User Manual
Other information systems and technology
● Work with staff across the organization to determine necessary improvements to and needed additions to Firelight’s information systems and technology tools and processes
● Work with the Finance and Operations Director to determine organization technology priorities and roadmap of projects
● Maintain organizational technology roadmap
● Manage implementation of new systems and processes
● Oversee the external tech support provider’s delivery of desktop support and infrastructure maintenance
● Create documentation and train staff on tools and practices
● Support the Director of Finance & Operations in and maintaining all organizational policies with respect to technology and information systems
● At least one or a combination of the following:
○ Minimum 3 years experience as an administrator of Salesforce, CiviCRM, EveryAction, or similar
○ 5 years experience as a power user of Salesforce, CiviCRM, EveryAction, or similar
○ 3 years experience in a operation management, technology management, business process analysis, or similar role
○ 5 years experience as an administrator of production management software such as StudioBinder, Production Management Studio, or similar
○ Experience training others in the use of software
● Experience with remote work tools and practices
● Ability to help coworkers understand the pros and cons of different options for organizational technology and process
● Strong written and verbal communication skills, particularly in explaining technical issues to non-technical coworkers
● Strong time management and work planning skills
● Ability to take initiative and work well independently
● Flexible, team-oriented approach to problem-solving
● Ability both to communicate via phone and to work at a computer for extended periods of time
● Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
Location: Remote or hybrid optional in New York, NY
The salary range for this position is $65,000-$75,000. Benefits include 100% employer-paid health insurance; 20 vacation days accrued annually; 403b retirement plan with employer matching and one-year vesting period; reimbursable gym membership through employer health care plan; flexible spending accounts for transit and health; and professional development opportunities.
To complete an application, submit a resume and cover letter that speaks to the needs of this particular position. Please include “Information Systems and Technology Manager Application” in the subject line and send application materials to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only selected candidates will be notified of the next steps in the process.
In line with Firelight Media’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive staff, women, people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Firelight Media
Firelight Media is the premier destination for non-fiction cinema by and about communities of color. Firelight Media produces documentary films, supports filmmakers of color, and cultivates audiences for their work. Firelight Media’s key programs include the Documentary Lab, a flagship mentorship program that seeks out and supports emerging diverse filmmakers, and Beyond Resilience, our monthly event series that highlights the strategies and experiences of nonfiction filmmakers of color in creating and distributing work during periods of social transformation.
Our sister organization, Firelight Films, is award-winning filmmaker Stanley Nelson’s production company. Recent productions include Attica for Showtime, Tulsa Burning: The 1921 Race Massacre for the History Channel, and Crack: Cocaine, Corruption, & Conspiracy for Netflix.