Founders Pledge is a global nonprofit empowering entrepreneurs to do the most good possible with their charitable giving. We equip members with everything needed to maximize their impact, from evidence-led research and advice on the world’s most pressing problems, to comprehensive infrastructure for global grant-making, alongside opportunities to learn and connect. To date, they have pledged over $8 billion to charity and donated $800 million. We’re grateful to be funded by our members and other generous donors.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for an Operations Associate for a 3-month FTC. We’re looking for somebody to start no later than the 1st November.
We’re looking for an Operations Associate to join our Philanthropic Services Team, who manage the transfer of money in and money out of our Donor Advised Funds (DAFs). You’ll support the administrative and operational aspects of our international, high-volume grant-making process, ensuring an excellent service to members. You’ll report into our Philanthropic Services Director, supporting our small team to success throughout our ‘giving season’.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Assisting with the fund opening process, facilitating and collecting the necessary documentation to do so.
- Managing contribution/giving funnels in the US, UK and Europe, which will involve owning backend processes, such as workflows and data entry.
- Supporting our PS Director and other teammates in member-facing correspondence (via primarily email and telephone).
- Liaising with the National Philanthropic Trust (who administer one of our DAFs) on simple and more complex contributions/gifts, such as those involving cryptocurrency, private shares, etc.
- Helping the Finance and Philanthropic Services teams ensure rigorous accounting of gifts/contributions and issuing donation receipts to our members.
- Coordinating with grantees to complete video/phone verifications for banking information.
- Providing project-based support for the Philanthropic Services team.
Location: CA, NY, PA or CT, remote.
Salary: Up to $65,000
We’re looking for a strong, all-round administrator with a strong eye for detail and a comfort with numbers/operations/systems. You’ll learn quickly and be the safe pair of hands who makes sure that our processes run seamlessly. A desire to support a team, in a very fast-paced role is a must!
You’ll likely have:
- A demonstrable ability to prioritize and meet rigid deadlines, whilst multitasking.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. This will help with writing emails to members/charities and conducting video/phone verifications.
- Good computer skills, with the ability to grasp new applications quickly. Knowledge of Salesforce would be a plus.
- Strong experience working with external clients. You’ll be meticulous in your approach to following-up on required actions and responding to external member/client queries, always striving for high levels of satisfaction.
In addition to this, the following would be useful in this role, but not essential:
- Experience in nonprofit development, accounting, and/or grantmaking.
- Knowledge of and experience working with the IRS Charitable Contribution Deductions rules and different types of complex gifts and assets.
- A financial mindset and experience working across currencies.
WHY WORK WITH US?
You can find more about the benefits we offer here, but what makes us truly special is both our mission and our people. We’re a diverse team, from both charitable and commercial backgrounds, who believe that amazing things can happen when we tackle problems together. We offer a flat structure and an opportunity to help shape the future of philanthropy.
We have a global flexible first approach to working.
We ask that applicants to this role are based in the following states – NY, CA, PA, CT, with no expectation for you to attend an office on a regular basis. You just need a great home wifi connection and we’ll provide you with everything else you need to be successful in your role.
On top of this, we’ll bring the global team together twice per year (when it’s safe to do so)!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Founders Pledge. We seek people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share our drive to understand and solve complex social challenges. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Finding solutions to the world’s most pressing problems requires different perspectives and unique ways of thinking and we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace where everyone can do their best work.