Who we are:
Located on Jefferson County Open Space, Dinosaur Ridge is one of the most important paleontology sites on Earth. Our globally iconic site has been ranked by paleontologists as the #1 dinosaur track site in the nation, and one of the most important in the world. Dinosaur Ridge draws nearly 250,000 annual visitors to our outdoor museum to view 300+ dinosaur tracks still preserved on the sandstone slope. Dinosaur Ridge was also the site of the first Stegosaurus discovery on earth and was designated National Natural Landmark in 1973. The Friends of Dinosaur Ridge is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization founded in 1989 with the purpose of preserving the fossils on Dinosaur Ridge and educating the public about the natural history of the area. Our mission was later expanded to include the fossil sites at Triceratops Trail in Golden, Colorado.
Who you are:
The Director of Development and Membership is responsible for the overall development, implementation, and coordination of the fundraising efforts that support the Friends of Dinosaur Ridge’s mission and values. As a strategic partner of the leadership team, the Director of Development and Membership plans and leads internal and external efforts to support advancement efforts. The qualified individual will be responsible for overseeing a comprehensive development strategy for the organization that includes managing the organization-wide fundraising calendar, meeting annual revenue goals, leading individual gift giving campaigns, identifying prospects, cultivating relationships with donors, and working with other staff to maximize revenue-generating opportunities. The Director of Development and Membership will research, assess, and prepare foundation, corporate, government, and sponsorship funding opportunities and compliance, build a successful membership program, and host 2-5 fundraising activities per year. This position will also oversee multiple contractors, such as Event Planners and Grant Writers, from time to time. We will likely be launching a capital campaign for a new Visitor Center within the next several years.
We anticipate this full-time position will generally work M-F and will allocate their time approximately:
· Individual Giving – 25%
· Grant Writing and Compliance – 20%
· Membership Program Administration – 15%
· Event Management – 15%
· Development Strategy, Budgeting, and Planning – 10%
· Database Management – 10%
· Donor Cultivation – 5%
This position reports to the Executive Director.
$60,000-$70,000, depending on experience.
· Bachelor’s degree
· 2-3 years of professional experience in non-profit fundraising
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong presentation skills
· Proficiency in donor database software (Neon CRM) and MS365 tools
· Proven track record for meeting fundraising goals
· Effective grant writing, endowments, and event planning experience
· Ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously
· Values diverse perspectives and work-styles
· Team-oriented and consistently demonstrates positive values in work habits
· Genuine affinity for raising funds to drive the organization’s mission
· Passion for the mission of Dinosaur Ridge; interest in paleontology, geology, and/or science
· Adheres to ethical standards established by Association of Fundraising Professionals and National Association of Charitable Gift Planners.
Admired, but not required Qualities:
· Successful leadership in planned giving, capital campaigns, major donor cultivation, government funding
Please send resume and cover letter to Jeff Lamontagne at email@example.com by Thursday, August 11. No calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Friends of Dinosaur Ridge is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, volunteers, and guests. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on job requirements, individual performance, and business needs.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org