Hours: 32 hours per week/4 days
Grant Track: This is a 4-year position with opportunity for extension
Salary: $75,000 – $82,000
Reports to: Soil Carbon Initiative Managing Director
Benefits: Excellent benefits including health care, dental care, paid leave, socially responsible retirement plan, friendly work environment, 4-day work week
Application Deadline: June 15, 2023, details below
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter, resume and writing sample
Green America is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating a just and sustainable society by harnessing economic power for positive change.
The Soil Carbon Initiative (SCI) is a project housed at Green America. This outcomes-based, scientific, agricultural commitment and verification program is designed to help farmers and supply chains measure improvements in soil health and scale the adoption of regenerative agriculture across food and fiber acres. The SCI Company Program empowers food and fiber brands, processors, aggregators and other supply chain participants to advance regenerative outcomes through their support of farms in the program.
We are seeking an experienced account manager with the ability to develop relationships of trust with food system stakeholders, up to and including the C-suite. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in business development and relationship cultivation, project management experience, and a passion for regenerative agriculture. Experience working with CPG brands and other supply chain stakeholders on sustainability assessments, reporting and claims, ecolabels, and consumer engagement campaigns are all a plus. International project experience is also a plus.
SCI team members can choose to work remotely or in our Washington, DC office. This position will involve occasional travel to Network meetings, conferences and business cultivation meetings, staff training, and other purposes. Most travel will be domestic, but there may be one or two international trips each year.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
The Company Program Manager will be responsible for working closely with the rest of the SCI team to evolve and expand our Company Program. Responsibilities include:
- Manage a portfolio of account relationships with senior program leaders across a range of food supply chain stakeholders
- Identify and recruit Companies to participate in SCI through targeted outreach, relationship cultivation, and partnerships development
- Onboard participating Companies into the program and guide them through the process of assessing their product Acre Footprint, establishing goals and commitments, verifying adherence to the SCI Company Standard, and making sustainability claims
- Work with the SCI Farm Program team to prepare periodic progress updates to participating Companies and other stakeholders
- Coordinate stakeholder feedback (internal and external) to inform program improvements and Company Standard revisions
- Establish and improve systems and workflows for data management and reporting related to Company program
- Ensure that Company timelines and project activities stay on track
- Assist with the development of communications updates related to the project development for internal and external stakeholders
- Organizational Support: The success of our work and the strength of our organization depend on the voluntary participation of staff from all levels of the organization in various cross-departmental teams, in addition to the core responsibilities of each staff position. While staff members are not required to participate in a voluntary team every year, we do depend on volunteers throughout the year for teams such as: Operating Plan & Budget; Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (JEDI) Team; Pulse Survey Team; and our annual in-person staff gathering.
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years account management experience with demonstrated prior experience on complex multistakeholder initiatives
- 3+ years project management experience
- Experience with business development and fundraising.
- A passion for and strong knowledge of regenerative agriculture.
- Experience with sustainability assessment platforms, ecolabels and/or verification.
- Experience developing collaborative programs and systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with internal and external audiences
- Strong technology skills, including videoconferencing and website platforms (e.g. Squarespace), Microsoft office tools, with mastery of PowerPoint, and the ability to pick up a variety of data/project management platforms.
- Demonstrates a high degree of adaptability to work on a rapidly growing team
- Creative approach to problem-solving
Please note, we recognize that experience doesn’t always look the same – skills are transferable, and passion is important. Please tell us how your experience can lead to success in this position.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to email@example.com. Applications are due by June 15, 2023 and will be considered on a rolling basis.
Green America is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination regarding: actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions, breastfeeding, or reproductive health disorders), age (18 years of age or older), marital status (including domestic partnership and parenthood), personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, citizenship status, credit information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Harassment on the basis of a protected characteristic is included as a form of discrimination and is strictly prohibited.
About Green America
We work to create a just and sustainable society by harnessing economic power for positive change.