In Getty Digital, the Getty Application and Project Management team supports Getty programs and departments through the selection, implementation, and support of commercially available off-the-shelf (COTS) business software solutions, and data integrations. This position plays a central role in this effort as a technical administrator of several of our key business systems, as well as an IT project manager for select IT projects.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced, and user-centered professional to join the Getty Applications & Project Management team. This position reports to the Assistant Director and works closely with software users from across our programs, and Trust departments. This resource also works closely with Getty Digital’s network, database, infrastructure, and software teams to support, improve, and troubleshoot applications and conduct IT projects.
The J. Paul Getty Trust, one of the most prestigious cultural heritage organizations in the world, is dedicated to furthering the study of the history of art, advancing conservation practice, and promoting public knowledge and appreciation of art. Our dynamic and beautiful campus is filled with art, archives and special collections, and a world-class research library. We offer paid vacation, every other Friday off, excellent benefits, and a strong commitment to balancing work and personal life.
Due to COVID, the Getty campus is currently closed to non-essential staff members. This position will begin as a temporary work-from-home position; this is not a permanent remote assignment. The successful candidate must be a California resident when employment begins. Relocation assistance may be available.
• Provides leadership for and management of hosted and on-premise software applications both technically and administratively, e.g., financials, licensing, etc.
• Responsible for managing all aspects of the vendor relationship
• Directs system-related projects using project management best practices
• Collaborates with program and infrastructure staff to assess business process requirements; analyzes structure and flow or work; evaluates possible solutions; and implements and /or recommends solutions that support goals
• Establishes and maintains active communication with stakeholders, ensuring upgrades, new features, and changes are communicated effectively and in a timely manner
• Prepares and maintains system logs, reports, and statistical data to assist in evidence-based decision making
• Tests system upgrades and enhancements in sandbox environments, develops testing scripts, and coordinates testing with staff
• Creates and maintains system administration documentation
• Maintains a user-focused, helpful, and collaborative style of interaction in the performance of all job duties and in communication with all levels and types of staff and partners
• Participates in user communities to learn about new approaches and share Getty experiences
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or a combination of education and relevant experience
• Minimum of 5 years of progressive software analysis development and implementation experience
• 2-5 years IT project management experience