Legal Outreach, Inc. seeks a skilled, committed, and energetic program coordinator interested in helping to identify and recruit Black and Latino 8th grade boys for a summer law program, and thereafter organizing and implementing a series of bonding activities designed to solidify their commitment to the organization’s four-year college prep, professional exposure, and leadership development programs. (See www.legaloutreach.org/collegebound)
Under the supervision of the Director of Recruitment, the MRC will:
- Contribute to a strategic plan to identify, attract, select, and retain Black and Latino boys;
- Assist with the recruitment of Black and Latino boys into Legal Outreach’s Summer Law Institutes by presenting law lessons at schools and community-based organizations;
- Help design and Implement a fraternity-like program and other supplemental activities to aid in the support, development, and retention of males within Legal Outreach’s College Bound Program;
- Organize and oversee a mentoring program involving Legal Outreach alumni and other professionals.
- Develop strong interpersonal relationships with males within Legal Outreach’s College Bound program;
- Collect and analyze data and write reports related to the performance and retention of Black and Latino males within the Summer Law Institute and College Bound programs;
- Create web and printed programming content related to male recruitment and retention; and
- Assist with program-related administrative tasks.
- Candidate must have at least a 4-year degree.
- Candidate must have a demonstrated record of involvement with schools, community activities, youth programs, and/or fraternity or similar organizations.
- Candidate must have strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Candidate must have strong leadership and motivational skills, particularly with teen-age boys.
- Candidate should be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Candidate should be highly organized, detail-oriented, able to set priorities, and comfortable multi-tasking.
- Candidate must demonstrate a commitment to advancing the organization’s mission through collaboration across departments.
- Candidate must be willing to make a two-year commitment.