The Leidos Civil group is seeking an Instructional System Designer, Course Developer to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) program, providing support to the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA), Air Traffic Organization’s (ATO) Employee Development Group (AJG-L3) in order to meet its commitments to internal customers, including the ATO’s Service Units.
This position is 100% remote with travel required (as needed) to support program deployment/continuous improvement.
The candidate is responsible for assisting the customer to analyze, design, development, implement, and evaluate customized employee development programs – with a focus on deployment of highly customized management and leadership development programs. In addition, conducts and evaluates training to include front-end analysis, design of training courses, and development of training program content and material, and classroom/simulation instruction. Applies Instructional Design principles in performing analyses, studies and research supporting the design and development of instructional materials to meet specific learning objectives. Familiar with classroom-based and virtual learning media and is able to work, with direction from the client and/or supervisor to storyboard, prototype and develop training materials that meet client requirements. The candidate shall possess strong organizational skills to help monitor multiple tasks, organize the workflow, designing processes to achieve goals.
Duties to include, but not be limited to the following:
- Providing consultation and recommendations to customers on innovative training solutions, as well as on effective and relevant curriculum development and delivery.
- Creating asynchronous and synchronous instruction designed for classroom and virtual learning environments.
- Working with instructors, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), instructional technologists, multimedia developers, and program partners to analyze, design, develop, and evaluate customized learning solutions.
- Creating storyboards, scripts, instructor materials, scenario-based instruction, courseware and other advanced learning strategies to meet the needs of the learners.
- Performing the actual detailed development of course materials or courseware, as well as product testing and maintenance.
- Interpreting technical information and translating it into practical language for training and instruction.
- Developing training solutions that support learner engagement and diverse learning styles.
- Conferring with technical staff members to interpret program requirements and verify training and instructional material.
- Preparing all instructor materials (course outline, iterative design documents, background material, and training).
- Preparing all student materials (course manuals, workbooks, handouts, supplemental materials, job aids, performance support tools, completion certificates, and course critique forms).
- Developing, validating, and implementing instruments measuring student achievement of learning/training objectives.
- Conducts needs assessments and training needs analyses, including gap analysis, contextual analysis, and root-cause analysis.
- Performing Quality Assurance and Quality Control activities, including Subject Matter Expert reviews.
- Ensuring training assets meet government accessibility/Section 508 compliance requirements.
- Applying program measurement and evaluation practices/approaches to support program continuous improvement and achievement of intended outcomes.
- Integrating use/application of employee assessment tools (as needed) to enhance program quality and learner engagement/experience.
- Bachelors Degree and minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience in the field of education, adult learning, training, or related fields/disciplines. Masters Degree and 6 years of experience.
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications to include: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project.
- Experience working with online learning platforms and tools.
- Experience supporting design/development of in-person, virtual, and hybrid training and development solutions.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Prior experience working as a federal government contractor; FAA experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of leadership and management performance/best practices in the FAA Air Traffic Organization (ATO) operation.
- Experience designing/developing highly customized management and leadership development solutions for large, complex, operationally focused organizations (preferably with a safety focused mission).
- Experience facilitating iterative design reviews with Subject Matter Experts and program office staff.
- Experience providing support services in a highly-matrixed work environment.
Pay Range: Pay Range $72,150.00 – $111,000.00 – $149,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.