Sr. Director Ecom & Digital Experience Engineering
HQ-Office, San Francisco, CA, USA
Remote – USA
job requisition id
You’re an original. So are we.
We’re a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we’ve used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi’s, Dockers, Denizen, Signature by Levi Strauss & Co. and Beyond Yoga.
About the Job
- Reporting to the VP of Engineering, you will provide transformational leadership for defining and executing the technical strategy and roadmap for web, mobile, core commerce, order management, loyalty, personalization, and capability-aligned microservices for Levi’s, Dockers, and Beyond Yoga across the globe.
- Nurture and guide a diverse global team, instilling a culture of ownership (you build it, you run it), innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Champion modern software engineering practices in consideration of the MACH framework (Microservices, API-First, Cloud-Native, Headless) and DevOps/ Lean practices to ensure that our platforms stay current and we’re delivering value to our consumers.
- Build bridges with teams, bringing together product management, UX design, department leaders, and engineering to deliver a flagship digital experience for our consumers.
- Foster a product-led, customer-centric culture where our consumer and their experience with our brands is at the heart of every decision we make.
- Prioritize talent development, emphasizing continuous learning, mentorship, and career advancement for team members while building the next generation of Levi Strauss & Co. digital leadership.
- 10+ years of experience in product and/or platform engineering leadership, with tangible accomplishments in ecommerce or similar customer-facing digital experiences.
- Solid business acumen, coupled with experience applying technical solutions to achieve overarching our goals.
- Deep-seated understanding of product management principles, with prior leadership roles in product-led organizations.
- Unwavering customer-focused ethos, placing the consumer at the core all decisions.
- Expertise in leading diverse, geographically-distributed teams and in navigating the complexities associated with different locations and time zones.
- Mastery of modern software development practices, including agile and lean tenets, CI/CD, and the broader DevOps movement with demonstrated improvements to software delivery performance.
- Connect, communicate, inspire, and create collaboration across a spectrum of departments and functions.
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we’ve got you covered. Here’s a small snapshot:
- 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
- Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations
- Product discount of 60% off regular-price merchandise
- Paid Family Leave
The expected starting salary range for this role is $226,500- $325,000. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range based on the location of the role. The amount a particular employee will earn within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, experience, skills, performance and business needs.
Levi Strauss & Co. (LS&Co.) offers a total rewards package that includes competitive pay, incentive plans, and a wide array of benefits designed to help you and your family stay healthy, meet your financial goals, and balance the demands of your work and personal life. Available benefits vary depending upon the specifics of the role; details relating to a specific role will be made available upon request.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, benefits or other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company’s sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Levi Strauss & Co. is committed to equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, and recruiting and maintaining a workforce that welcomes and respects people from diverse backgrounds while enabling our employees to make an impact. We value the unique combination of talents, experiences, and perspectives of each employee, making our collective success possible.