The PBO Senior leader is responsible to lead our payment customer support strategy within the Payments Operations group. As stewards of the company’s “cash register,” the PBO mission is to preserve trust and delight our customers with 1) the prevention and timely resolution of payments related customer issues, 2) the direct partner management of payment partners around the globe and 3) the reduction of costs required for these efforts. Our vision is to drive continuous improvement through automation and scalable solutions, lowering the total cost of ownership for operating payments.
This senior leader will be responsible for driving the strategy for the Specialized Payment Customer Support (SPCS) and overall Payment Operations Programs. This role is responsible for creating the offshore customer support model, defining the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for success, and to influence the larger Customer Service Organization to meet your objectives. This leader is expected to design robust initiatives to drive year over year cost reduction in payment related contacts. This role is expected to heavily influence broader Amazon teams to invest in removing friction for our customers within the Payment space. This leader is expected to be hands on working with business and technology teams to drive solutions that reduce operational overhead and customer friction. This leader is solutions oriented and will be required to dive deep into the technical requirements to unblock projects, identify and mitigate gaps within our partners’ services and drive negotiations and compliance with our payment contracts.
· Design and execute a world class global premium services strategy, including service delivery, ensuring the highest standards of quality and matching SLAs are achieved;
· Recruit and develop a team of program managers to drive contact handling improvements with our offshore and onshore customer service teams.
· Establishes and drives annual year over year process improvement activities focused on elimination of defects causing manual exceptions and customer friction within the payment space
· Leverage deep understanding of Amazon’s infrastructure to quickly identify and mitigate risk in new partner offerings
· Remove road blocks by designing solutions to complex problems to ensure continuity in the payment experience for customers
· Establishes the 3rd Party Performance KPIs, and enforces the compliance through the various partner management programs and initiatives
· 5 years Payment Experience
· Demonstrated success in building high performing teams of 10+ people.
· Experience managing service contracts and relationships in the payments or financial services industry.
· Proven ability to build relationships and manage cross-functional teams.
· Strong written and oral communication skills. Strong overall business acumen.
· Is data driven and sets clear, measurable quality goals for an organization.
· Is innovative, can simplify, and has relentlessly high standards.
· Maintains composure in the face of highly ambiguous environments and constant change.
· Thinks big and is a vocal leader!
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Six Sigma Black Belt