Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Communications and Resource Development Manager will play a central role in ensuring effective and efficient day to day organizational functions, staffing multiple communication platforms, and supporting our extensive fundraising initiatives, including grant applications, individual donors, and event sponsorships. This is a great opportunity for an individual to develop several skills that are critical to any successful nonprofit career while applying their own creativity and initiative to drive the organization forward. The successful applicant will be someone who can pay attention to detail, manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, work well in teams, and take initiative.
• Work with Director of Operations and MACDC team overall to develop and execute annual communications strategy
• Produce content and bi-monthly newsletter in collaboration with colleagues
• Maintain and update MACDC website (Drupal 7 and 9 environments)
• Develop graphic design content for web and print media
• Develop and execute public relations activities on our social media channels
• Help run reports on MACDC and Mel King Institute social media metrics
• Use data analytics to improve MACDC’s communications strategy
• Ensure that MACDC communications reflects our core values related to racial equity, economic justice, and community voice
Resource Development Responsibilities
• Work with MACDC Director of Operations to maintain Resource Development Calendar to ensure timely submission of grants and grant reports
• Complete and submit grant applications and grant reports in partnership with other MACDC staff
• Manage annual process for collecting MACDC member dues
• Support sponsorship campaigns associated with MACDC and Mel King Institute annual fundraising events
Knowledge Management Responsibilities
• Run reports in Salesforce, monthly and as needed, on organization’s performance metrics
• Provide support with Salesforce to other MACDC staff as necessary
• Provide operational support to ensure the office runs smoothly
• Ensure the general office upkeep, and purchasing office supplies, as needed
• Greet guests, respond to occasional phone and email inquiries, and collect and distribute mail
• Support senior staff on their programs and projects, as needed.
• Lead and support special projects, such as writing a special/highlighted series of blog articles, completing research projects, or helping a senior staff person execute on a program
• Assist with data collection for Annual MACDC GOALs Survey and write brief stories highlighting individual CDC initiatives for the GOALs Report.
• Assist in the planning and implementation of organization-wide events, including the Annual Meeting / Conference, Lobby Day, and Mel King Institute Annual Breakfast
• Participate in DEI programs and activities organized for MACDC staff; engage in continual learning and growth with respect to DEI competencies.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• 3-5 years of nonprofit, government, and/or related professional experience
• Proficiency with Microsoft office, Salesforce, website CRMs (preferred Drupal)
• Excellent writing skills, including the ability to write articles, blogs, web content, and other documents commonly used by nonprofit organizations
• Graphic design skills and an interest in learning/strengthening those skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Attention to detail
• Solid project management competency
• Ability to work effectively with people from different socio-economic backgrounds
• Experience with fundraising in the nonprofit context
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Pardot, Microsoft 365 environment
Some potential applicants may self-select out of opportunities if they do not meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage individuals who believe they can succeed at MACDC to apply for this role.
Salary: The salary is commensurate with experience within a range of $60,000 to $80,000. MACDC also provides a generous package of benefits including vacation and sick time, health insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, T-pass, and retirement benefit.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to John Fitterer (johnfmacdc.org). (Please attach Word or pdf documents.) There is no deadline for applications; however, we will begin interviewing candidates in December. We hope to complete the process as soon as possible. The position is currently vacant.
MACDC is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Massachusetts Association of Community Development Corporations (MACDC)
The Massachusetts Association of Community Development Corporations (MACDC) is an association of mission‐driven community development organizations dedicated to working together and with others to create places of opportunity where people of diverse incomes and backgrounds access housing that is affordable, benefit from economic opportunities, and fully participate in the civic life of their community. We operate as a membership organization with 63 CDC members and 34 associate members. CDCs are nonprofit, community‐based organizations working to revitalize lower‐income communities and support lower‐income people in middle‐ and upper‐income neighborhoods and towns across the state. MACDC, founded in 1982, operates with an annual $1.9 million budget. Eleven people work at MACDC, as well as part‐time staff and interns. For more information, please visit www.macdc.org.