As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you work at Meijer, you’re provided with career and community opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and development. Consider joining our family – take care of your career and your community!
- Weekly pay
- Scheduling flexibility
- Paid parental leave
- Paid education assistance
- Care.com/back-up care assistance
- Team member discount
- Development programs for advancement and career growth
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
*Remote and Hybrid Work Schedules Available*
- You must live within the Meijer footprint [Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Kentucky] Or, be willing to relocate to one of these states (relocation assistance available).
- Remote Option: Work remotely Mon-Fri, AND be available to come to the Corporate Office in Grand Rapids, MI as occasionally needed.
- Hybrid Option: Work office Mon-Wed, work remotely Thurs-Fri.
Meijer is currently seeking an experienced Mobile Developer – Native Android development. This position develops, tests, maintains and enhances mobile business applications in large scale retail organization. As a Mobile Developer of an Agile development team, you will work with the entire Scrum team to ensure development conforms to acceptance criteria. The focus of this digital team is to build more digital shopping capabilities into our mobile applications.
The Mobile Developer – Native Android will work with business product owners, developers, and quality analysts to drive value delivery and will participate in all phases of Agile software development.
What You’ll be Doing (Key Responsibilities):
- Codes, tests, and implements programs; develops system documentation according to SAFe Agile principles and industry standards.
- Performs unit tests, monitors results, and takes required corrective actions as needed.
- Assists in the deployment of applications.
- Interfaces with the Product Owner and IT partners to develop acceptance criteria for features and user stories and ensures acceptance criteria are met.
- Optimizes and enhances applications and interfaces to meet SLA/functional requirements.
- Participates in structured walkthroughs, secure coding, and technical reviews ensuring application coding and design follows secure coding and design principles.
- Provides technical consultation in new systems development, new package system evaluations and enhancement of existing systems.
- Assists product owners in systems analysis and creation of documentation for all business processes.
- Works within the SAFe Agile framework.
- Participates with other IT members, customers and other stakeholders in new product reviews, tests and pilots.
- Performs feasibility studies/proofs of concept to evaluate solutions.
- Assists in the production support and maintenance of applications as needed.
- Actively participates in all team Agile ceremonies.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You’ll Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience and technical training is required.
- Minimum of 2-3 Years of experience in systems development and programming.
- Minimum of 2-3 Years of Android Development
- Strong knowledge of native Android development using Kotlin and Java, Android Studio development tool, coding and scripting languages, and testing.
- Any SAFe experience or certification is preferred.
- Proficient in source code management such as Git – Github profile preferred.
- Experience as a team member on project teams in a cross-functional environment. Experience on Agile teams is preferred.
- Familiarity of database management and file access methods.
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of agile practices in a cross-functional environment required.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Ability to provide high level of quality and productivity.