Title: Lead Organizer/Program Director (full time)
Starting Date: February, 2022
Supervised by: Pres/CEO
ORGANIZATIONAL SUMMARY: One Aim IL is a nonprofit focused on reducing gun violence in
Illinois through education, research, organizing and enforcement around public policy. The Our
One Job Statewide Coalition is the organizing and engagement arm of One Aim IL and is staffed
by the Lead Organizer/Program Director.
JOB DESCRIPTION: One Aim IL seeks an experienced organizing professional to manage the
statewide Coalition and conduct outreach and engagement programming. This will consist of
engaging with organizations, partners, grasstop leaders, grassroots, and survivors across Illinois.
This position is full time.
● Launch rebranded and newly structured Coalition based on provided research and
● Manage the Coalition membership, communications, social media and overall direction
● Work with aligned organizations to build partnerships
● Use digital platforms to engage coalition members
● Grow diverse membership across Illinois, focusing on suburban and downstate regions
● Engage volunteers and the public about organizational priorities
● Minimum 5 years organizing and/or legislative campaign experience.
● At least one campaign cycle of digital organizing experience
● Experience identifying and developing grassroots leadership in campaigns, and/or
experience in running legislative campaigns.
● Strong coalition building, management and coordination abilities
● Strong organizational, leadership, and problem-solving skills
● Excellent verbal communication and writing skills. Ability to communicate effectively
with staff and community leaders.
● Demonstrated ability to lead direct actions and events
● Excellent team player, able to meet deadlines and work independently, innovative,
creative, mature thinking and reasoning
● Excellent self-management skills, with the ability to work independently as needed.
● G-Suite familiarity (Google drive, Docx)
● Maintain a flexible working schedule, with the ability to work evenings, weekends or
over holidays as needed.
● An energetic commitment to social justice and working within an anti-oppression
One Aim IL is an equal-opportunity employer. People of color are strongly encouraged to
To apply: Email your resume and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About One Aim Illinois
One Aim is a dedicated not-for-profit to the reduction of death and injury caused by firearms in Illinois. This mission is achieved by:
Educating the public about the facts regarding firearm violence and misuse;
Producing and publishing educational materials to inform the public about the problem of firearm violence;
Serving as a clearinghouse for information on the issue of firearm violence;
Reviewing and making recommendations regarding the fairness, enforceability, and effectiveness of regulations and criminal sanctions related to firearms;
Working with special interest groups including health care professionals, law officials, and community groups to bring special perspectives to the issue;
Advocating for legislative goals which would reduce the easy access to firearms; and
Establishing a strong statewide organization with the numerical strength to translate public opinion into effective public policy.