As a part of a reliability-focused team, you will help exemplify, measure and raise the reliability of products and operational capabilities by creating tools, collaborating with teams, evangelizing best practices, and encouraging learning across the organization.
You’ll work closely with engineers across many disciplines to advocate for sensible, scalable, systems design and share responsibility with them in diagnosing, resolving, and preventing production issues – we believe strongly that engineering teams take operational responsibility for their products and work hard to support them in this.
Some things you will do:
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Work closely with product squads to assist them in adopting and improving their use of existing tools and practices such as SLOs, alerting, runbooks, synthetic testing, and general observability.
- Monitor user-facing systems using best practices, with reliability and scalability in mind.
- Work with engineering teams to debug and fix issues.
- Be an evangelist for SRE best practices throughout the product and engineering organization.
- Lead and participate in performance tests; identify bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization, and capacity demands.
- Participate in an on-call rotation alongside the engineers who build our products.
Who you are:
- You have (preferably) 3-5 years of experience in Engineering, DevOps or Cloud Engineering.
- Mastery in at least one or more software languages (e.g. Go, Python, Java, C# etc.) with respect to designing, coding, testing, and software delivery.
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, Datadog, Splunk is a plus
- Proficiency in service-level changes to a system and troubleshooting components
- Advanced knowledge of one or more infrastructure components (e.g. networking, cloud services, orchestration tools, containerization, compute, and storage systems)
- Adept in the development of automated tools, systems, and services in multiple technology domains
- Having experience in a SaaS-based organization is a plus
Compensation: Perceptyx is focused on equitable pay for all our staff and aims for transparency with our pay practices. This position has a base salary range of $120,000 to $145,000 plus an annual incentive bonus when applicable. The above range represents the expected base salary range for this position. The actual salary may vary based upon several factors, including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in the role, business line, and geographic/office location.
We Care About The Whole Person ✨
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Life insurance up to 1x your annual salary (up to $250k) paid by Perceptyx
- Generous Maternity, Paternity, and Adopter leave benefits with flexibility on when you use this benefit
- 401(k) plan along with a 3% company match and immediate vesting upon hire
Generous Time Off 🏝
- As hard as we work, we also know how essential it is to take time away to rest and recharge. We offer flexible paid vacation with an expectation of every team member taking off at least 10 business days per calendar year.
- 16-17 paid holidays, depending on the calendar year.
Setting You Up For Success 🧑🏻💻👩🏾💻
- Mac or PC laptop options
- Paid LinkedIn Learning and guided videos to watch when it works for your schedule
- Full subscription to The Calm App: #1 app for Sleep, Meditation, and Relaxation, with over 100 million downloads