Summary: The Digital Content Coordinator will help to coordinate content across PFLAG National social media channels, online communities, digital communications, and the PFLAG National website. Under the management of the Senior Digital Strategist, they will employ consistent messaging and strong graphic design skills to expand awareness of PFLAG National and its programs, help increase national membership, advance PFLAG’s mission, and help grow PFLAG’s online community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the Senior Digital Strategist, create collateral (text/graphics/video) for social media platforms;
- Under the direction of the Senior Digital Strategist, create social media toolkits for use by the PFLAG Chapter Network, community partners, and influencers;
- In collaboration with Chapter Engagement team, monitor PFLAG chapters’ digital presence, ensuring consistent branding usage;
- Stay current with changes on all social platforms to ensure maximum effectiveness; and
- Stay engaged with current events to ensure channels remain current, relevant, helpful, and engaging.
- Coordinate PFLAG National Facebook group(s) to help build a strong online community presence;
- Facilitate online conversations with users and respond to direct messages across all platforms;
- Aid in building a connection between and among online groups, and creating a flow to PFLAG Connects meetings, PFLAG resources, and both national and chapter meetings; and
- Escalate trends, recommendations, and/or noted issues from online communities to Senior Digital Strategist to inform future decisions, programs, resources, etc.
- Review Canva design submissions from PFLAG chapters for brand consistency and voice; and
- Support chapter leaders with use of PFLAG’s branding, including visual elements and design in Canva, and ensuring consistency of messaging in their posts.
- At least 2+ years of graphic design, online community building, social media, or relevant experience;
- Strong ability to work with remote employees — team members are remotely-based;
- Solid computer experience including use of the internet, Google Suite, and Microsoft Office;
- Software experience with Canva for Teams, and Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, and video editing software including Adobe Premiere or similar; Google Analytics, Sprout, Later, or other social media management platforms;
- Customer-service-oriented approach (timely, empathetic, on-brand and adherent to community standards) to community and serving a diverse community;
- Knowledge of and passion for LGBTQ+ issues and civil rights as a whole; and
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with online community building strategies;
- Ability to work independently and still be a collaborative team player;
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment;
- Excellent communication and writing skills;
- Excellent project-management skills; and
- Fluency in languages in addition to English a plus.
Salary and Benefits: Salary range is $53,105-$63,150, commensurate with experience. This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by the Office and Professional Employees International Union, Local 2, AFL-CIO. PFLAG offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, vision, life, short- and long-term disability, 403(b) with employer match and generous vacation.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and sample work to Jackson Alder (they/them), Senior Digital Strategist, at email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
About PFLAG National
PFLAG is an organization of LGBTQ+ people, parents, families, and allies who work together to create an equitable and inclusive world. We are hundreds of thousands of people and hundreds of chapters from coast to coast who are leading with love to support families, educate allies, and advocate for just, equitable, and inclusive legislation and policies. Since our founding in 1973, PFLAG works every day to ensure LGBTQ+ people everywhere are safe, celebrated, empowered and loved. Learn more, find support, donate, and take action at PFLAG.org.