Title: Learning & Inclusion Associate
Department: Learning & Inclusion
Reports to: Director of Learning & Inclusion
Work Schedule: 9:00 am–5:00 pm ET, Monday through Friday
Nature of Position: This is a full-time, exempt position that includes full benefits
Location: Washington, DC or remote
About PFLAG National
Summary: The Learning & Inclusion Associate provides administrative support to PFLAG’s learning initiatives as well as its inclusion efforts. This individual will support work with three key constituencies to achieve their goals: PFLAG chapter members, PFLAG staff and leaders, and external partners and clients. The Learning & Inclusion Associate will help to leverage and develop resources for PFLAG as well as PFLAG’s Straight for Equality program (learn more at straightforequality.org) with these constituencies.
About Us: PFLAG is an organization of LGBTQ+ people, parents, families, and allies who work together to create an equitable and inclusive world. We are hundreds of thousands of people and hundreds of chapters from coast to coast who are leading with love to support families, educate allies, and advocate for just, equitable, and inclusive legislation and policies. Since our founding in 1973, PFLAG has worked every day to ensure LGBTQ+ people everywhere are safe, celebrated, empowered, and loved. Learn more, find support, donate, and take action, visit pflag.org, like us on Facebook (/pflag), or follow us on Twitter (@pflag) or Instagram.
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Provide administrative support to the Learning & Inclusion team to handle logistics, in both pre- and post-session engagement, which may include scheduling, shipping materials, invoicing, etc. for all internal and external learning sessions.
● Assists in keeping records pertaining to internal and external learning sessions including cost proposals, logistics and scheduling, revenue reporting, organizational contacts, registrants, surveys, metrics, etc.
● Serves as a support person in the deployment of PFLAG Academy Online and Straight for Equality in the Workplace learning sessions.
● Helps to develop the request for proposals for and schedule workshops at the biannual PFLAG National Convention and supports work related to programmatic content.
● Conducts research to support the development of new learning sessions, publications, and toolkits for key constituencies.
● Supports the ongoing maintenance and implementation of PFLAG’s Learning Management System.
● Aids in the ongoing maintenance of straightforequality.org including content updates, fixing dead links, and creating new pages.
● Supporting the relaunch of the Straight for Equality program’s presence on social media, in collaboration with the Learning & Inclusion Manager and PFLAG’s communications team.
● Attends meetings with other departments at PFLAG, as needed, to provide information and insight to the Learning & Inclusion team.
● Represent PFLAG at external meetings, conferences, and events as a participant, exhibitor, workshop presenter, etc.
● Performs other relevant responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Learning & Inclusion.
● Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in training/learning.
● Superior attention to detail; highly organized.
● Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills.
● Strong ability to work with remote employees -- team members are remotely based.
● Capable of working independently with limited supervision; self-starter.
● Solid computer experience including the use of the Internet, Google Suite, and Microsoft Office
● Experience with general office equipment, including network and desktop copiers, scanners, projectors, telephone systems, and video calls/meetings, etc.
● Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends
● Experience with programs such as Salesforce, Salsa, Asana, WordPress, and learning management systems.
● Knowledge of and experience with chapter-based, grassroots, membership organizations and/or extensive volunteer networks.
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work independently on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
● Comfort working within and across teams and with remote employees.
● Eye for design and aesthetics.
● Commitment to creative teamwork.
● Multilingual skills.
● Collegial working style.
Salary and Benefits: The salary range is $44,500-$53,000, commensurate with education and experience. This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by the Office and Professional Employees International Union, Local 2, AFL-CIO. PFLAG offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, vision, life, short- and long-term disability, 403(b) with employer match, and generous vacation.
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter as a PDF to Mackenzie Harte (they/them), Learning & Inclusion Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org). On the subject line, please write LEARNING & INCLUSION ASSOCIATE.
PFLAG is committed to fair employment practices and equal employment opportunity regardless of age, ancestry, citizenship, color, creed, ethnicity, family-care status, gender identity (including characteristics and/or expression), marital status, matriculation at a college, medical condition (including HIV/AIDS), chronic illness, pregnancy, childbirth (or other related medical conditions), membership in a labor union or union activities covered by the Act, mental disability, national origin, personal appearance, height and weight, physical disability, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and veteran status.