Platform.sh is a remote-first global workforce building a better cloud platform to create, manage and responsibly scale web applications.
As a collective with diverse backgrounds, we work together to test, innovate, and challenge one another, finding new ways to reimagine digital experiences. We’re here to help our customers thrive.
Bring your experience to our team, and help us build a better way.
Platform.sh seeks a Security Operations Engineer to oversee the effectiveness of the Security team, manage security incidents, and monitor worldwide activity to uphold our security standards. We are seeking someone who is eager to learn, grow with the team and take on new challenges. This is an excellent opportunity to kickstart a career in security and make a substantial impact on the company’s security operations. As a member of a newly established position, you will have a unique opportunity to contribute to its growth and refine processes.
This role reports to our Security Operations Manager and collaborates closely with all teams within the organization
What you can expect
- Ownership of the on-call rotation; provide assistance for both internal and external (customer-related) matters, in a role akin to a “first responder”.
- Coordinate with other departments to handle incidents or their prevention (e.g., call for a patch rollout, incident clean-up)
- Investigate ongoing and completed incidents to provide an RCA (Root Cause Analysis)
- Ensure all systems and services in our environment are securely configured and monitored
- Develop and maintain logging and monitoring capabilities across our cloud surface, using built-in tools or custom ones
- Guide the creation of new detection use cases
- Improve accuracy and false positive detection to minimize noise
- Create and improve internal procedures to handle security incidents
- Develop Cyber Threat Intelligence capabilities
- Coordinate penetration testing, vulnerability scanning, and related activities
- Support other Security teams by responding to information requests, both formal and informal, and to gather evidence for our ongoing certifications such as PCI-DSS and SOC 2
What you bring
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. As a worldwide company, English is our lingua franca and Markdown is our notation of choice
- Command of general Linux fare (kernel, core utils, terminal, shell scripting, man pages, etc.)
- Comfortable with using only the terminal to complete tasks (SSH/CLI tools are ubiquitous in our workflows)
- Good knowledge of IaaS solutions such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- Strong understanding of monitoring and detection technologies in cloud network architectures with complex topologies
- Proficiency in shell scripting and/or Python
- 1-2 years of aggregate experience in similar roles (e.g., L1 Support, SOC Analyst)
- CSP certifications (check our providers here), where Security or Operations focused are preferred (e.g., AWS: Cloud Practitioner, SysOps Administrator, Certified Security)
- General security certifications from entities like ISC2 and GIAC (e.g., SSCP, GCIH)
- Demonstrable experience in regulatory compliance such as PCI-DSS or SOC 2 Type II
- In-depth knowledge of Platform.sh provided software (check our docs here)
We’re all remote
We’re a worldwide, distributed team looking for the best talent. Our remote model has been in practice and thriving since 2014. To us, remote work means flexibility and having truly diverse, global teams. Keep in mind that we may have some restrictions on where you can work due to the role.
To maximize team coverage, this role is preferred in the Americas and in time zones ranging from UTC-7 to UTC-8.
Company perks and benefits
- An innovative product you can believe in. We’re sustainably changing the way companies develop and manage their web applications
- We’re voted as A Best Place to Work by 96% of our employees, Forbes Top 30 Companies for Remote Jobs, and in France Best Workplaces for Women
- Hands on leadership that cares in a flexible, open work environment, where your voice is encouraged. We can always find ways to do better and look forward to hearing your ideas
- A global team, rich with culture and diversity
- Company-wide DE&I initiative that you can be a part of
- Team off-sites, local meets, marketing sponsored events etc
- A Wellness stipend and a Professional development budget
- Office equipment budget
- Fair PTO (standards based on location)
- Inclusive parental leave (timeline based on location)
- Healthcare, dental, and vision (US, CA, UK, and FR employees only)
- Tandem – a pool of linguists from around the world willing to help each other work on learning new languages
- Company shares (discretionary)
- Unlimited Platform.sh accounts
How we hire
We know that a great hire won’t meet every requirement that we’ve outlined. If you can see yourself elevating the team, we want to hear your story. Few of us would be here had we not taken a chance.
You can expect 3 – 4 interviews on Google Meet. You will have the opportunity to meet with a variety of Platformers throughout the interview process. You’ll also have the opportunity to schedule virtual coffee chats with potential future peers to see if you can envision working together. Use interview and coffee time to make sure the company aligns with what you’re looking for in your future working environment.
All roles require background checks.